• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Roof Rack Questions and (Eventually) answers - 2018 CX5

Ordered the Thule Compass kayak carrier on stock rails. Where do yall recommend attaching bow & stern to w/o hitch? Any additional tips for straps to not damage paint?

Ordered the Thule Compass kayak carrier on stock rails. Where do yall recommend attaching bow & stern to w/o hitch? Any additional tips for straps to not damage paint?
I bought the rhino rack "bonnet straps" and use one on the hood for my kayaks.

I tie my rear to a hitch step, however, you could use a second one in the hatch to do the same.

Hi, I have put on the RCL, and like the look. But I do notice, even with the sunroof closed, at about 30mph that i can hear some whistling from the wind going across the front bar (with sunroof "door" covered i cant hear it tho). Is this what others find? I would have thought it would be higher speeds before hearing it so much. Pretty sure I installed rubber on top and bottom correct.

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
I bought the rhino rack "bonnet straps" and use one on the hood for my kayaks.

I tie my rear to a hitch step, however, you could use a second one in the hatch to do the same.
Did you install an aftermarket hitch? I looked for a hitch step but have not found one for the small factory receiver.

Thanks for sharing all this. I did the same thing following your advise. And it is working perfectly for my cx-5 2019. Not much sounds and not hurting the fuel economy so much.

I am thankful i bought the channels with covers from the factory as i can take these on and off as needed and the car looks stock again.
Thank you so much for this incredibly helpful thread!! I am going to take your same approach, but I am having trouble finding these covers. Do you happen to have an item number or product name that I can share with my dealer?

Latest posts

Weekly Poll: Interested in the MX-30?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I want an Electric CX-3, 30, 5, 8 or 9

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I want an Electric Mazda2, 3, 6 or Miata

Votes: 1 5.3%