• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Rodents eating wiring in cars. Does mazda have this problem?

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Confirmed! Holy Crap $1500 and Mazda saying its not their fault. Hell no. I'm going after them!
Could you explain how this is Mazda's fault? Mice/rats will eat any insulation they find, regardless of the make or model of the vehicle. I don't think you can blame this on Mazda or any manufacturer. This was caused by the mouse/rat problem you have.

:
2010 CX-9 GT
Mazda isn't liable for this - the same thing happened to my 1994 Nissan Sentra 25 years ago. Rodents chew everything, you just got unlucky.

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Confirmed! Holy Crap $1500 and Mazda saying its not their fault. Hell no. I'm going after them!
Dude, unless Godzilla ate those, it ain't the fault of the Japanese.

Even then, I'd blame Oppenheimer.

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
Good luck there buddy. The only thing you should go after is the mice!
To those affected...damn I feel you pain.

To Mice...damn I'd probably be careful if you came across some free cheese all of a sudden

I had mice going up into my 2019 F-150. I now have traps underneath and a camera to watch. I live in the hills where mice are a problem, this is the first time I have an issue with the vehicles. Now I will need to watch the CX as well.

Weekly Poll: Interested in the new Mazda3?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I’d prefer a CX-30

Votes: 3 21.4%