Rodents eating wiring in cars. Does mazda have this problem?

:
Mazda CX 5 GT
There is another solution to rodent damage, Mouse Blocker(might be called something else in the US). I work at an Auto dealership in an area with lots of rural properties, and we sell a ton of these. Its a small unit that attaches to the battery and emits a very high pitched squeal, above the hearing threshold of most people LOL.. But it does work and I have heard from many of my clients that their rodent problem has vanished. Worth a look , considering the cost of repairing a harness these days. They run around $100.00 and are very easy to install..

brillo54

Resident Curmudgeon
Contributor
:
NE Indiana
:
'16 CX-5 GT FWD
But I'm never sure what to wine to serve with it. (uhm)

:
Ottawa, Ontario
:
17 Mazda 6 GT
Caught three more mice in my barbeque this week. I set a trap every night on the side tray, under the BBQ cover, and in the morning, another dead mouse.
Thing is, I don't live in the country. I'm in a typical suburb, ten minutes away from Wal-Mart and Costco.
It's a non de-script 2 story house, on a normal suburban lot, quiet street, and yet these F..ing mice are everywhere.
They reproduce faster than I can kill them.
All I can do is keep setting traps I guess. Aarrgggh.

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
Caught three more mice in my barbeque this week. I set a trap every night on the side tray, under the BBQ cover, and in the morning, another dead mouse.
Thing is, I don't live in the country. I'm in a typical suburb, ten minutes away from Wal-Mart and Costco.
It's a non de-script 2 story house, on a normal suburban lot, quiet street, and yet these F..ing mice are everywhere.
They reproduce faster than I can kill them.
All I can do is keep setting traps I guess. Aarrgggh.

Be glad they're not rats!

:
2014 CX-5 Touring White
Birds of prey. Owls, falcons, hawks, etc.

Let me introduce you to my little friend..... :)
Owl Rescue 2016

There are a few living in the woods behind my house. I used to have a lot of trouble with squirrels, but between the owls, pellet rifle and a big yellow tabby I have not seen in any in a couple of years. I live in a suburban area as well. I picked up this baby owl and put it in a basket. The adult owls brought it food and as far as we know is doing well. We hear them hooting most days.

hex1

Contributor
:
2015 CX-5 Touring
The ultrasonic stuff does not work. check out this guys channel he is the expert on rat and mice traps. get the walk the plank trap, Viewer discretion adviced if you dont like seeing dead mice https://youtu.be/nsoVcrFyrF8

:
GA prior 16 CX5 GT
:
20 CX5 GT + Prem
One key item is not to store or leave food in car/garage, including bird seed, cat or dog food etc. It brings them into the garage and they are closer to the wires and get attracted to them...

:
2015 CX 9
Just bought a 2015 CX9 GT and am concerned about the yummy wire situation, too. I cannot find much info about Mazdas and soy wires. Lots of complaint about Toyota, Honda, Kia and engines destroyed by rodents who work very fast. I've heard they hate Peppermint oil, too so I think I'll give that a go. Wouldn't hurt to periodically give the wires a spray. More things that rats hate: "Make your engine and its entrances smell bad, at least to rats. Motorists have had success with peppermint oil, powdered fox urine, used cat litter, cat hair, dog hair, Pine-Sol, Irish Spring soap, red pepper, and laundry dryer sheets. The people who make "Rataway" tell you to spray it on all the wires in the engine." From the site: https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/Mice-in-Your-Motor

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
powdered fox urine
I didn't know that was a thing.