Reverse lights not coming on when shifted into reverse

I need help here !!!

I have a similar case if not the same !!

My protege 2002 dx was automatic and I perform a tranny swap for a 5speed manual transmission and I have two plugs on the air I think that they are the neautral switch and the back up lights, both of them have two greens cables

The tr switch is conected on the oem plug has it was on the automatic tranny.

How do you think i can that have my reverse light back on ???

I need help here !!!

I have a similar case if not the same !!

How do you think i can that have my reverse light back on ???

Your case is different in that you converted an automatic to a standard transmission.

If your only issue is the reverse lights, then I would personally just run a wire from the battery, through a 10 amp fuse and holder then to one of the wires on the reverse switch connector coming from the transmission.

Then I would feed the other wire from the connector coming from the transmission, directly to the reverse light socket in the rear of the car.

This bypasses all the harnesses and connectors and makes a separate reverse light circuit.

Keep in mind that your ECU and cruise control unit need clutch switch information from the clutch.... There is one or two of the switches on the clutch pedal as well as one or two on the brake pedal.

Your car won't know when to go to idle if those switches aren't connected....

Last edited:
...It's located beside the transmission oil fill hole,.. not hard to get to.

I was wrong with that... I got the two switches mixed up... Make sure you are splicing into the right one.
The reverse light switch will turn on when the gear shifter is in reverse...

Back