Replacing vacuum tube to wastegate

The original vacuum tube to the wastegate on my MSP snapped in half. The dealership wanted $400+ to replace it, so I'm thinking of doing it myself. The area around the wastegate looks problematic though. What is the best way to gain access to that area?

the vacuum line? If so, that is a cheap and easy fix. Of course the stealership is going to charge that much because they are going to replace the WGA and it is around a hour plus job. The easiest way to get to it is to take the manifold, turbo and s pipe off and replace it off the car. Which that 400 dollar quote makes sense for that reason. But if it is just a vacuum line, why waste that much money for a 1 minute/1 dollar fix?

The OEM WGA is over $300, i'm sure with labor the dealer would be charging closer to $500. If you car needs a WGA you can buy one online for about $70 and replace the couple feet of vacuum line for a few dollars. It can be replaced without removing the turbo or manifold if you are patient and don't have hulk hands.

Thanks Spiced MSP and hornsfan10609 for the suggestions. I managed to replace the vacuum line by taking out the hot-pipe. I had to reuse the stock elbow connector to the wastegate since my replacement tube was too small (5/32") to fit around the wastegate nipple. The stock clamp had to be replaced though, so hopefully the clamps I used are good enough to keep the line in place.

Tip: Use a blow dryer to soften the hot-pipe. This makes it easier to take out and put back in. Found this tip on another thread.

Damn some MSPs still have the stock plastic charge pipes? You can use zip ties to secure the lines on, it looks a little cleaner than all the little silver clamps.

Back