Replacement Shock Absorbers

semrz1

:
Mazda CX-9
Hey Everyone...
I had replaced the stock shock absorbers (Front & rear) on my RX-8 with Tokico OEM. The stock was soft and tends to rub over bump. I've used Tokico in my previous vechicles & tends to be better than the original. But this is not the case on my RX-8; the ride is rough & hard. I felt the front ride not balance at high speed. Did alignment on 4 wheels, and yet the ride is crap....Check the Tokico absorber for any damage but none...
Any ideas from anyone!!!!!!

Maybe you got a bad batch. I would think \they should be just like the OEM shocks since they are what come on the vehicle. It is possible that somehow you got the wrong ones. Maybe there is a part number that you can match to be sure you have the right ones. I went with Koni Sport shocks and I have been really happy with their performance.

Solidtrance,
You may be right. Comparisaon with original absorber, the front seems to raise up more than before. I did park nect to a friend rx8, & definitely notice the difference in level. I wish i can get koni from the shelf, unfortuntely, need to order from overseas. Planning to get replacement next month. :)

Let me know if you go with the Koni's. I have a few pieces of advice for you. I looked at the Koni website and the closest distributor I saw was in Malaysia. Here are the details.

Energetic Engineering Pte. Ltd.

10 UBI Crescent
Singapore
Malaysia
Phone 68428300 , 68428133
Fax 68428200, 68428122

steven_tan@energetic-eepl.com

Hello Solidtrance,
Thank u for the contact. The address as you have shown is not in malaysia, but precisely is in Singapore. Will email the gentlemen today...
Once again, thank u....thumbs up

Back