Removing the driver side vent 2016 CX-9

Does anybody have an instruction as to how to remove the vent? I can pop the side of the maroon soft touch plastic but I am not sure how to get the vent out. Little rattle from that area is driving me nuts...

Thanks in advance.

Does anybody have an instruction as to how to remove the vent? I can pop the side of the maroon soft touch plastic but I am not sure how to get the vent out. Little rattle from that area is driving me nuts...

Thanks in advance.

Could you take a picture to identify which vent you're describing?

Circled in red. With the door open, I can wiggle the red plastic surround and get the lateral (outside) part to dislodge but I can’t take it off completely.
AC9056D3-4296-468E-A2E0-F73DE58E06CA.jpeg

Ok, I tried looking for an actual picture of the part by itself to see if there are any retention clips that need to be undone. No such luck with an actual picture, but I did figure out the part number. There are a couple of drawings of the part, but they don't look like the actual vent in the picture. The part number is TK52-64-830B-02 - Grille Left Vent w/ bright trim.

Maybe you can call your dealer and ask them if they have it in stock so you can take a look at the uninstalled part?

Thanks for the photos - last thing I want is the whole dash disassembly and it would be stupid to design the vent system like that. It seems it can be removed relatively easily; I will talk to the dealer / service manager about it at my next service in 3 months. I appreciate your posts.

I have an annoying rattle from the same vent area. I figured out how to remove that silver trim piece, but still can’t get the actual vent out.
To remove the trim, just use a thin trim removal blade and it wiggles out.

My 2019, i also do have an annoying rattle from the vent but on passenger side. Drives me nut!

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to simply pry it out.

Attachments

• Side Vent.pdf
    310.4 KB · Views: 284
thank you very much. Is there another PDF to show how to remove the dash trim surrounding the vent? That looks like a small soft touch rectangular piece.
Thanks in advance

Yes, but not without taking apart the entire dashboard, at least that's what the instructions show.

Attachments

• Dashboard.pdf
    324.1 KB · Views: 321
Back