Remote turn on Wire for Amplifier?

Good morning. Can someone please explain to me what is the point of a remote turn on Wire for an amplifier when the amplifier itself is already connected to the positive terminal of the battery and then it's grounded on the vehicle chassis?

Hence it is a completed circuit right? Then what exactly does the remote turn on wire do, trigger the amp? I am just trying to figure out what part does the remote turn on play in the circuit because in my opinion, there is already a completed circuit. I look forward to you guys response on this.

It's the ON switch from the radio. Imagine your TV is always plugged in but you turn it on when you want to use it.
Ohhh so its essentially a switch. I was confused because it seems as if the turn on wire is wired in parallel to the battery connection.

Ohhh so its essentially a switch. I was confused because it seems as if the turn on wire is wired in parallel to the battery connection.

The remote amp turn on wire shouldn't be connected directly to the battery. If you do that your amp will never turn off and you may be surprised with a dead battery at some point because of this.

Find the proper connection point. It should be a wire that's switched with the ignition.

This post should be in the Infotainment section.

Remote wire basically signals the amp to turn on. Like what @Conrad 16.5 , it shouldn't connect directly to the battery. The remote signal basically says, yo, wake up and start drawing power from the battery (the power wire that SHOULD be fused near the battery). Like @hadeone said, you want to link it up to an accessory that turns on with ignition. If your amp is in the cargo area of the CX-5 (Gen 2), the nearest you can pull is from the cigarette lighter back there.

Thank you guys for all the help. I used the

PAC AOEM-MAZ2 and that has the remote turn on wire that I tapped into. However something weird happened, when I tried starting the car, it would not turn on. Would this interface have anything to do with that?​

The car itself wouldn't turn on, or the amp wouldn't turn on?

If it's the amp that won't turn on, the blue turn on wire via the PAC never worked in my MZ3, so it's possible it's not working in your car, either. In that case, just wire your turn on to the red power wire. That way the amp will turn on and off with the car.

If it's the car that will no longer start, STOP what you're doing, undo everything you did, and take it back to the completely stock configuration! Something terrible went wrong, and you have some seriously crossed wiring somewhere! You need to figure out what's going on, even if that means taking it to a professional installer!

Also, make sure you didn't simply run your battery dead doing the installation. If you had the doors open all day, that could possibly kill the battery enough where it will no longer crank the car.

The car itself wouldn't turn on, or the amp wouldn't turn on?

If it's the amp that won't turn on, the blue turn on wire via the PAC never worked in my MZ3, so it's possible it's not working in your car, either. In that case, just wire your turn on to the red power wire. That way the amp will turn on and off with the car.

If it's the car that will no longer start, STOP what you're doing, undo everything you did, and take it back to the completely stock configuration! Something terrible went wrong, and you have some seriously crossed wiring somewhere! You need to figure out what's going on, even if that means taking it to a professional installer!
Thank you, after tireless testing I determined it was the battery. The vehicle was sitting for a while so after I tested my battery it was approx. 9.8 volts, however after jumpstarting it and running it for a while, everything seems fine.

Also, make sure you didn't simply run your battery dead doing the installation. If you had the doors open all day, that could possibly kill the battery enough where it will no longer crank the car.
I believe that's exactly what happened, I didnt use the vehicle in some weeks so it was simply the battery not having charge.

Back