Remote key entry problem

:
2013 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring
I have a problem with one of my keys. When I use the key the first time, I am not able to unlock the door using the button on the door handle. Even when I press the button on the key fob it won't unlock either.

I can push the button on the door handle several times and sometimes it will finally catch and unlock the doors. Sometimes I can press the unlock button on the key fob a couple of times and the press the door handle button and it will unlock. Once the door has been unlocked, either by pressing the door handle button, or finally taking the key out of the fob and manually opening it, I don't have any problem the rest of the day. I even have the door lock set to lock when I walk away, that works too. The other key that I have works with no problems.

I have taken the problem to the local Mazda dealer and they changed the fob battery, put a charge on the car battery and of course it worked when the tested it. I think there is a problem somewhere in the chip in the fob, and I'm just getting the run around from the service people because they don't know what the problem is.

This is a long one, but has anybody experienced this sort of a problem and got it fixed.

Sid

So one key Fob works and one doesn't? A bad battery (it was changed?) or bad battery connections or a bad Fob. Have the dealer fix or replace the Fob. End of story. Ed

I have a problem with one of my keys. When I use the key the first time, I am not able to unlock the door using the button on the door handle. Even when I press the button on the key fob it won't unlock either.

Sid

Sid:

My problem is IDENTICAL. My access work around is to pull out and use the physical key. Once the door is unlocked the remote works fine. This is not a battery problem. If you watch the dash while depressing the brake pedal you will see the green 'key' icon light indicating that all is well.

Like you, it is a start-of-day problem only. It is not every day. During scheduled maintenance I had this on the list but dealer couldn't duplicate. They suggested that next time I bring in the truck to bring both fobs...but I suspect that the only way to a resolution is to leave it overnight and hope for failure.

Brian

Could be an intermittent door request button switch issue.
Just worked with a dealer that had the same issue one a brand new Hyundai Genesis. We installed the remote start and they were trying to blame the problem on us. Turned out there was a problem with the request switch on the door not sensing the key. They replaced that and it resolved the issue.

Do you have problems on the passenger side as well? Or on the back hatch?

Back