Red Pro5 Semi-Build

Dude you need to paint those calipers! it will make a HUGE difference. even with stokers on.
BTW nice thread! keep up the mods!

Car looks super good!! I feel like the need thing you should get is a MSP axleback or a catback exhaust!

I swapped in projectors a few weeks ago. I used the Morimoto's that were linked a few posts up, they directly swap in. I timed all the work at 4 hours (at my speed) That includes dropping the bumper, taking the headlights apart, paint the insides and drying, the reassembling everything

Car looks super good!! I feel like the need thing you should get is a MSP axleback or a catback exhaust!
Thanks! I have been planning on doing an exhaust set up for sometime now. i was thinking about the ebay exhaust just because its cheap and seems to be getting great reviews from everyone on here.

Dude you need to paint those calipers! it will make a HUGE difference. even with stokers on.
BTW nice thread! keep up the mods!
You are 100% correct. i need to get them painted asap. i was thinking about doing just gloss black, not trying to draw attention to the little calipers that are on her lol

I swapped in projectors a few weeks ago. I used the Morimoto's that were linked a few posts up, they directly swap in. I timed all the work at 4 hours (at my speed) That includes dropping the bumper, taking the headlights apart, paint the insides and drying, the reassembling everything
is there a plug n play kit that you used, or did you just splice the wiring? ive seen the thread about going from protege to pro5 headlight, which is what i plan to do when retrofitting the HIDs, but i need to figure out the connection between the HID and stock wiring harness.

is there a plug n play kit that you used, or did you just splice the wiring? ive seen the thread about going from protege to pro5 headlight, which is what i plan to do when retrofitting the HIDs, but i need to figure out the connection between the HID and stock wiring harness.

I assume you mean the highbeam function of the projector. The Protege headlights are combined low/high beam and the protege5 headlights are separate. I wired the highbeam, function of the projectors to the fog light wiring. The fog light switch controls my projector highbeam and my stock highbeams were left untouched. If you are swapping in protege headlights with a single lens, you can wire the highbeam function of the projectors to the P5's highbeam plug, and wire the the HID ballasts to the P5's lowbeam plug.

If you can be more detailed about your questions or concerns, I can better answer them and draw diagrams if needed :)

Last edited:
well what i thought i had saved was a diagram that showed how to connect the sedan lights to the pro5 wiring harness. but i have lost it(hand).

i have never dealt with the actual projector housing when it comes to HIDs, i usually just threw them in halogen housing and blinded everyone heading my way. so what i understand is that the projectors are going to connect to the ballast and then the ballast will be connected to the stock wiring.

so if i were to get the sedan lights, i would have to splice the sedan lights to the stock pro5 wires to make them work the high/low beams, then hook up the projectors.

as im typing this i confused myself haha.

all i want to figure out is how i can wire the projectors to use high/low beams while being inside a sedan housing.(scratch)

well what i thought i had saved was a diagram that showed how to connect the sedan lights to the pro5 wiring harness. but i have lost it(hand).

i have never dealt with the actual projector housing when it comes to HIDs, i usually just threw them in halogen housing and blinded everyone heading my way. so what i understand is that the projectors are going to connect to the ballast and then the ballast will be connected to the stock wiring.

so if i were to get the sedan lights, i would have to splice the sedan lights to the stock pro5 wires to make them work the high/low beams, then hook up the projectors.

as im typing this i confused myself haha.

all i want to figure out is how i can wire the projectors to use high/low beams while being inside a sedan housing.(scratch)

Okay, I'll make it as simple as I can.

The sedan lights have one housing, the Protege5 has wiring for low beams, and highbeams.

The Projector has a hole for the bulb, and wiring that opens the cutoff shield to make it high/low beams.

The bulb hooks to the HID ballasts, the Ballasts plug directly into the lowbeam wiring. The wires from the projector that activate the highbeams (cutoff shield) will plug directly into the hgihbeam plug.

The lowbeam plug powers the ballasts which in turn power your bulb. When you activate the highbeam swicth in your car, it powers the highbeam plug which has the projector wires plugged into it which opens the cutoff shield letting out more light.

*the difference in protege and protege5 headlightd are the housings and the bulbs. The protege has a highbeam and a lowbeam bulb, each in its' own housing. The sedan housing has a dual bulb that works in one housing. The projector uses one bulb and has a piece of metal inside called the cutoff shield that blocks half of the lights, giving you the nice line across (cutoff) and doesn't blind anyone. The wiring to the projector goes to an electro-megnet. When powered, the magnet pulls the cutoff shield down and lets all of the light out. This way, you have high and lowbeams in one assembly and one bulb.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/38r9yFtBaO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gahhh all these threads make me so jealous! I have been looking for wheels for so long now and bolt pattern seems to always be 5x110 -_- starting to drive me crazy!

haha thanks man. i was searching CL for the longest time and ran across theses before but someone had beat me to the punch. and this last time i had plans to fix my gold wheels (FS btw) and paint them black and then the racing harts popped up and i picked them up the next day for $200. keep an eye out and youll find some.

ive been on autotempest the past few days and have found some deals on them, now its just a waiting game for someone to bite the bullet and buy my car lol

ive been on autotempest the past few days and have found some deals on them, now its just a waiting game for someone to bite the bullet and buy my car lol

if i didnt already have mine i would buy yours! youll find a buyer! dont budge on your price either you put quite a bit in

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!

and i bought this!! picking this up from an original owner. 1990 miata 5 speed with 80k on the clock!

4100, and its the original owner. cali titled and never driven in the snow.
pic of the under carriage to prove it

Latest posts

Back