Recommendations for skid plate and other off-road mods?

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
The plastic nose of the car will hit any rocks way before the oil pan is hit (help) The CX-5 isn't a serious off road truck, it is mostly a foul weather paved road wagon. But if you want them, save up and get them, they look well built and they should provide good protection.

Kedis82ZE8

'15 CX-5 GT AWD, '12 GX 460, '07 G35x
Contributor
:
'15 CX-5 GT AWD
Anyone in PNW interested?

I emailed vendor back with back qty at same shipping price. I'd be willing to take on the purchase if I could get public commitments for bulk purchase. If you could get within 150 miles x2 (to-and-from) of Seattle (US Only) with a "mileage stipend of $.50/mile" that would be fine with me. Sorry.... can't do for free.

Vendor says:

"Unfortunately we don`t ship to the US at the moment. We haven't found a cost effective way to make it. At this point the shipping itself exceeds the price of the products almost two times.

If still interested, please send us your exact shipping details so we can make you an exact quote."

Old thread resurrection

Might pick up this CX-5 skid plate from Europe. Shipping won't be cheap though but used to it buying Prado items for my GX 460 from Germany, Japan and Australia.

Vendor response:

"Unfortunately we don`t ship to the US at the moment. We haven`t found a cost effective way to make it. At this point the shipping itself exceeds the price of the products almost two times.

If still interested, please send us your exact shipping details so we can make you an exact quote"

https://www.skid-plate.com/mazda-cx5-skid-plate

Last edited:
:
CX5
Anyone in PNW interested?

I emailed vendor back with back qty at same shipping price. I'd be willing to take on the purchase if I could get public commitments for bulk purchase. If you could get within 150 miles x2 (to-and-from) of Seattle (US Only) with a "mileage stipend of $.50/mile" that would be fine with me. Sorry.... can't do for free.

Vendor says:

"Unfortunately we don`t ship to the US at the moment. We haven't found a cost effective way to make it. At this point the shipping itself exceeds the price of the products almost two times.

If still interested, please send us your exact shipping details so we can make you an exact quote."

Hi there, I'm interested in the skid plates. I know you posted this quite a while ago but I do take my cx5 offroad so this is pretty interesting to me. Let me know if you're still on this.

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
interesting thread indeed - this lower protection is of interest for me as well. Perhaps a freight forwarder could do shipments cheaper?

fun fact.. the originating country of the "mail" does not share any fees or monies with the destination country. This means if you mail something from Belgium to the USA; Belgium incurs the cost of getting the mail to the USA but does NOT help pay USPS to actually deliver it to your doorstop. That is why a lot of the Chinese drop ship sellers are able to offer free shipping; the local government basically subsidizes mail services out of the country in an effort to foster commerce.

taba2

Crossoverlander
:
ATX
:
2020 CX-5 GTR
Corksport skidplate now available for the CX-5.

Just ordered.

Kedis82ZE8

Contributor
:
'15 CX-5 GT AWD
Sure wish they had these for '13-'16.5 (8.5") but understand since '17 (7.6"), '18+ (7.5) have lower ground clearance. I guess I will just order some from Europe. I did send CS an email to show support for older models.

If you are interested in CorkSport skid plate for 2013-2016.5 models send CS a free fax.

Phone number:
(360) 260-2676

Natey

Contributor
Patron
For offroading, something with a ladder-on-frame body and 4LOW are more important than a skid plate or a lift kit.

Be careful up there...Take that CX-5 offroad enough and you can total the car. It was built for light snow and maybe getting up driveways in the mud. Not really for 4x4ing.

Here we are in our 4runner up at Hollister Hills. No unibodies up there. The CX-5 is a million times more smooth and quiet on the road, but that's the trade off.

Attachments

• hollister13a.jpg
    hollister13a.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 20

Kedis82ZE8

Contributor
:
'15 CX-5 GT AWD
Totally agree.. but occasionally there are rocks on forest service roads. Just some extra protection.

I wouldn't take my CX-5 into some places I do with my GX 460 w/skids but nonetheless I have taken CX-5 into some dicey areas.

taba2

Crossoverlander
:
ATX
:
2020 CX-5 GTR
For offroading, something with a ladder-on-frame body and 4LOW are more important than a skid plate or a lift kit.

Be careful up there...Take that CX-5 offroad enough and you can total the car. It was built for light snow and maybe getting up driveways in the mud. Not really for 4x4ing.

Here we are in our 4runner up at Hollister Hills. No unibodies up there. The CX-5 is a million times more smooth and quiet on the road, but that's the trade off.

Sure, but I'm building an all-road car for overlanding, not an off-road truck.

And there are a lot of similar Subarus running around with skid plates and lift kits.

taba2

Crossoverlander
:
ATX
:
2020 CX-5 GTR
Installed the skid plate today at the dealership (there adding side window deflectors anyway). Mechanic said it was an easy install, fit perfectly.

Didn't take any pics, looks just like as in the video above.

I did ask if he believed it could be made to fit the previous generation, he said didn't know. Sorry.