Recommendation

I bought my Mazda 2016.5 CX5 GRAND TOURINGin Feb. 2017.
I really enjoy it except the the tires recommended are so-so. I estimate 1000 miles weekly or 200miles daily.
It's 75% highway to work this will be my 3rd set incl, the original ones.
Any recommendations..
But the vehicle handles well over all.

I’ve heard good things with the General Altimax RT43 tires. On the cheaper side but a great all around tire, maybe the best bang for your buck. I have 17” Goodyear ComforTred Assurance tires I can vouch for. 4 years and 40k miles on them with half of the tread life left as promised (80k mile tire). Very quiet and saved my bacon the other day during a rainy emergency stop (didn’t slip at all). I don’t think they’re made in 19” though. I’d have to research a comparable offering in that size.

Just bought Conti Crosscontact LX25 and should have them installed later this week. The stock Toyos only have about 1000 miles on them, but I don’t like them at all.

I have the Conti TrueContact. Grip in the dry is quite impressive. Very minimal road noise. Heavy rain doesn't faze these continental tires. The only problem with them is the tread life. They are rated for 90k miles but at 45k, they are already down to the wear bars. I'm planning to replace them soon.

Back