Rear Wheels Tilted in??????

Mazda3GQ

:
Mazda 3
I have had my new Mazda for just a couple weeks and noticed last week that the rear wheels seemed tilted in quite a bit. I put a level next to the rear wheel to check just how much...

Why would they be in this much??? Does everyone else have it like this?

rearwheel.jpg

rearwheel002.jpg

(dunno)

i have this on my p5 but way more tilt
and its called negative camber, i have it cuz i lowered my car, and thats natural for a lowered car

i have this on my p5 but way more tilt
and its called negative camber, i have it cuz i lowered my car, and thats natural for a lowered car

I can see the advantage during racing so that the tires go flat in turns and such, but for a daily use vehicle? Isn't it just wearing the tires unevenly?

Toe in/out has a much more noticeable effect on tire wear than camber. It doesn't look like it is an uncommon amount of neg camber. If you're worried about get an alignment check done. It should be free.

free through your dealership if you complain enough

though by looking at it is appears to be normal to me it is an exceptional handling car in its class remember and that is part of it. with regular tire rotations i have never heard of anyone having uneven wear so i wouldn't be to worried about it.

i wish we could dial in more negative camber! on my other car, i am running neg 1.4 in front and negative 2.4 in the back. the things handles fast track sweepers very predictably. life with any car is just a system of "give and take". no free lunches.

Back