Rear Spoiler Loose - Rattle Issue Resolved

Hi All, I am new to the forum and thought I would say hello and post a note about a rattle on my 2016 CX5. The rattle went on for several weeks, and sounded like it was from the rear seat. Checked, all was secure. Checked the spare compartment, thinking something in there had worked loose? Nope. The screws on the spoiler had worked loose. Easy to fix, but it REALLY sounded like the noise was coming from inside the car. Hope this helps someone.

I had the same issue. Later, it was the plastic trim back there slapping the glass. Some very thin rubber furniture tab sticky squares under said corners fixed THAT.

I also had the same problem with the spoiler and the black spoiler trims., I did both things listed above . (y)

I had the same issue. Later, it was the plastic trim back there slapping the glass. Some very thin rubber furniture tab sticky squares under said corners fixed THAT.
I wish I had seen this sooner. I had a rattle that I would have bet money was inside the rear car and it was driving me crazy. Turned out to be the plastic trim.

I had the same problem with the loose spoiler's nut. Rattle has persisted for months, and it really sounded as if it came from rear seats. Decided to check this thread's suggestion and removed the rear spoiler's plastic cover. To my pleasant surprise, the nut was completely off the bolt. Retighten it and couldn't be happier since.

I had it too, two times already. It will come back in the future.
A68DA3B8-9319-4E7E-8AEB-4DD1A8B08BC5.jpeg

My '14 GT's got it now! Quick question. Where are the screws that need to be tightened? Thanks y'all!

Latest posts

Back