rear seat belts problem

tyusha

Contributor
:
Mazda Protege5
if anybody had problems with rear seat belts not stretching back to normal position after their removal (i l was lowering my car) please tell me what you did to unwind them.

they have to be perfectly level. if they wern't bolted back in right, or wern't bolted in as close to level as possible, they won't do anything.

they function on gravity and being flat, which is why when your car flips over, its impossible to move the belt. you basically hang there.

take it out and try it. pull it out, then rock it forwards about two degree's. it won't budge.

umm yea your ****** haha i couldnt get them back out and i havent had seat belts for almost two years hahah

you have to get it at the perfect angle and i couldnt get the damn things to come out its all luck so ahah good luck

you're just a pansy, corwin.

i got mine in and out when i did my coilovers in like four seconds. and then i played with the gravity lock on it for like 20min.

tyusha said:
if anybody had problems with rear seat belts not stretching back to normal position after their removal (i l was lowering my car) please tell me what you did to unwind them.
Did u figure it out? I've been trying to figure it out myself, but still NO LUCK. I tried, and will keep trying, again and again and again...............

Hold them at the same angle they would be if they were installed. Then pull on the belt slowly. Try tilting slightly up or down. It took me like an hour to figure it out the first time, but then once I got it, it can be done in seconds.

Back