• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Rear Parking camera

Hi,

I want to install 360 camera on my Mazda CX 5 2018

But i am having trouble with rear camera. I wonder how to remove rear camera?
I want to change it with 360 cam.

Thanks for the answer.

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
The rear camera is the only one you don't need. You'll need to add one for each side mirror and another to the front grill. I can't imagine this being an economical, or easy thing to do.

I think the issue is that an after-market 360 view system (consisting of four cameras, wires, and software to merge the images from four cameras into a single bird's eye view) is an integrated system and thus likely would not be able to use existing standard rear-camera. So you probably do nee to replace the OEM camera with the one that comes with the after-market system.

I responded to a recent post in the Infotainment topic. I really value the 360 degree view - it was not offered in Canada for 2019, so I waited for 2020 to see if the 360 view would be offered on the 2020 Signature trim in Canada, and it was.

But if it was not available from factory, I would likely simply live with the rear-camera only.

The rear camera is the only one you don't need. You'll need to add one for each side mirror and another to the front grill. I can't imagine this being an economical, or easy thing to do.
Its ok. I already know how. It is remove from outside. Very hard to reach the clip to unlock the camera.

I think the issue is that an after-market 360 view system (consisting of four cameras, wires, and software to merge the images from four cameras into a single bird's eye view) is an integrated system and thus likely would not be able to use existing standard rear-camera. So you probably do nee to replace the OEM camera with the one that comes with the after-market system.

I responded to a recent post in the Infotainment topic. I really value the 360 degree view - it was not offered in Canada for 2019, so I waited for 2020 to see if the 360 view would be offered on the 2020 Signature trim in Canada, and it was.

But if it was not available from factory, I would likely simply live with the rear-camera only.
I buy the camera from rusia. Named spark. It is offer 360 and 3d bird eye. And of course it can connect to mzd and offer dynamic parking line. So i need to change the factory rear camera into this after market camera. But i already know how.