Rattle Help - Signature

I can't really hear it in your clips. But check under the hood.

My car was delivered with the prop rod just banging around in the engine compartment. I found it way in the back near the firewall.

It's the ticking noise. I'm surprised the road noise is so amplified in both videos. AC was off and recirculation was turned on to cut down the noise.

I know rattling can also be deceiving because sound can bounce around in the car but it sounds like it's coming from the front passenger area.

I'll have to take a look underneath tomorrow.

I am at 9000 miles.

Could that be your rear plate?
You might be on to something. I checked my front plate and it's not sitting in the front plate holder. I have a front plate cover on top of the plate.

I checked the engine bay. Other than some plant matter, everything looked ok.

I've found at times the passenger seat belt gets caught up and comes into contact with the side pillar producing a rattle noise over bumps. Odd time it's a rear passenger one too.

The most common one is the eyeglass holder but OP mentions it was removed.

Not shut if it*s the same sound I*ve been hunting down for two years as I can*t play the audio clips... However mine sounded like it was coming from the area around the front left speaker when I would brake on a slightly rough road. I found that it*s the plastic that covers the instrument cluster. It would / does *vibrate* causing the noise..

Next time you hear it on a stretch of road, (if you have time) circle back and hit the road section again this time press your hand on the plastic instrument cluster plastic. See if you have the same loose plastic panel as I do.

I*m still trying to think of a way to secure it so it stops vibrating under braking...

Hope this helps...

I've found at times the passenger seat belt gets caught up and comes into contact with the side pillar producing a rattle noise over bumps. Odd time it's a rear passenger one too.

The most common one is the eyeglass holder but OP mentions it was removed.

I'll did check the passenger belt but not the rear belts.

Not shut if it*s the same sound I*ve been hunting down for two years as I can*t play the audio clips... However mine sounded like it was coming from the area around the front left speaker when I would brake on a slightly rough road. I found that it*s the plastic that covers the instrument cluster. It would / does *vibrate* causing the noise..

Next time you hear it on a stretch of road, (if you have time) circle back and hit the road section again this time press your hand on the plastic instrument cluster plastic. See if you have the same loose plastic panel as I do.

I*m still trying to think of a way to secure it so it stops vibrating under braking...

Hope this helps...
I did try pressing around the infotainment screen when it was rattling but I'll try the instrument cluster on Monday.

If you have the centre (center as you call it) air vents with the closing wheels, close them as they can rattle. If it fixes it I*ll tell you how to stop it.

If you have the centre (center as you call it) air vents with the closing wheels, close them as they can rattle. If it fixes it I*ll tell you how to stop it.

Yes, they have the closing wheel. Would they rattle even with the AC off? I'll add that to another thing to check.

Where is the noise coming from. As mine was the biggest rattle fest of a car I have ever owned to me it was pathetic how bad it was. My 20 year old truck is dead silent this thing biggest pos ever. I fixed so many rattles. But ya where is it coming from? I could probably help

I fought with a similar rattle coming from the passenger seat over rougher roads for a few months before I found the problem. Under the seat should be a couple of white clips that attach to metal rods. Although they're toward the back of the seat, you can only see/reach them from the front. In my case one of the clips detached from the rod at some point and caused a frequent but intermittent rattle. As soon as i reattached it the problem went away.

it could also be the front passenger seat belt clip that's near the gear selector.
push this seat belt clip forward and that should do the trick and it springs back and forth.

Okay, I checked almost everything you guys have suggested today. On the way to work, there was no rattle at the usual spot on the freeway or at all. However, when going home, the rattle was there in the parking lot. I have some new clips that I can share.

1. Checked the front license plate - it is a tiny bit loose. I will reattached without the license plate cover. I started recording sound on my phone in the car and closed the door and went to the front license plate and wiggled and tapped it. I could not hear anything on the recording.
2. Checked center vents while the rattle was happening today and it made no difference opening or closing the vents.
3. Checked all seatbelts and latches and they look ok.
4. Checked underneath the front passenger seat and found a wide white piece of plastic still attached to the bottom of the seat. Moved it around and did not make any noise.

After exiting the freeway and traveling on city streets, the rattle was gone. Maybe it's temperature dependent?

Just make sure the front passenger seat belt latch is pushed forward as that wobbles side to side. It was driving me nuts! the sound would disappear if I held the passenger seat with my hands while driving. Thought something was loose with the seat. But it was the latch. Also of course sunglasses in the center case always makes noises.

My front passenger seat belt latch does not move enough to wobble side to side. It can however hit the armrest or bolstering. I'll move it down all the way forward when I leave for work this morning.

I have nothing in the sun glass holder nor anything in the center console. I'll empty the back of the car tomorrow too. It will just be me and the car.

Yeah I did the same exact thing.
Did you get a dashcam installed in your car? If so make sure to check the plastic panel cover by the rear 3rd brake light. My installer didnt quite get all the attachment points. Its 5 if I remember correctly and he only got 3. Good luck. Keep us posted. Good to know Im not the only ocd person with rattles. :)

Again, I did not hear any rattles when going to work this morning. We shall see going back today.
I have a front dashcam but it's mounted temporarily with a suction cup. I don't want someone to be tempted to break in.

Back