Random Protege pictures...all models...

First car looks like they removed the springs and stuck a magnet on the back of the license plate, tossed it at the back of the car, then bondoed around it. Got APC tail lights and painted on them, then filled in the door handles making the car completely impractical. I agree with Nate.

Now then this is different!
ari1.jpg

ari3.jpg

nate0123 said:
oh, please, there's a difference between an appearance mod that makes a car look better and one that makes it look like ass
(werd) ya, the cars in those pics are fugly. what is with bags on imports? did they run out of mini trucks?

Guys ..This is not a bash on The import scene thread...If its not your style ...Great...But there are people that are into this and a lot of work goes into these types of cars.I am not out bashing everyone for making their car faster...Why do that...There is speed limits set up everywhere and we all know you cant go faster so why make it faster....See the point.

^ I assume that you know making a car "faster" means getting higher top speed or ACCELERATING FASTER, and I'm on the second one. And those cars look like s***...

slkt said:
^ I assume that you know making a car "faster" means getting higher top speed or ACCELERATING FASTER, and I'm on the second one. And those cars look like s***...
yup...

faster = higher top speed
quicker = quicker accelleration

ForceFed said:
Guys ..This is not a bash on The import scene thread...If its not your style ...Great...But there are people that are into this and a lot of work goes into these types of cars.I am not out bashing everyone for making their car faster...Why do that...There is speed limits set up everywhere and we all know you cant go faster so why make it faster....See the point.

Speed limits? I thought those were mile markers when I passed them going 127mph...

slkt said:
So you need the same word in explanation???(uhm)
nope... this would work too

faster = higher top speed
quicker = more rapid accelleration

not that it makes any difference

So I still fail to see the point here....

Everytime a member wants to do a thread for just a modded Sport compact type car, all the bashers come out of the woodwork. I hate to say it, but not many of you bashing have a leg to stand on.Not a one of you have near the attention nor work put into your speed as the silver car has put into its looks.If you guys would work on your cars more and bump your gums less...You would have a nicer car closer to the goal you are trying to acheive.Whether it be for Speed or looks,talking about other peoples cars gets nothing done to your own.You guys have No clue what it is like to build a show type of car and really dont realize the planning and work put into these cars.You may not like this style ,but you have to appreciate the effort.I will tell you first hand that the guys who build these cars dont sterotype guys who like to make their cars faster as dumb ass street racers so why do people insist on putting everyone into the same category.Stereotyping owns you.
And for everyone that tried to rationalize the reason to make a car faster just proved my point...You do it because you like it and were quick to defend your reasoning.
Thank you all for your input ...I see it worked well to prove a point.

Last edited:
E-Z E-Z...
all i have to say is.. those first two cars are uniquely "different" (boom07)
totally not my style... i will give em' an "E" for effort though. cuz they do
take some time and money to create...
and all i know is that.. if i had the kind of money those guys had...
i would spend it on something else like the entire type "r" accessory line... (pow)
i like seriously need a type "r" steering wheel cover and earth chain...
anyone know where i can order??? (wiggle) buhahahaa...

anyway.. the car i was going to post was on cardomain.. it's down..
i'll check it tommorow...

that black pro is sick!!! ...rims are sick!!!

ForceFed said:

Everytime a member wants to do a thread for just a modded Sport compact type car, all the bashers come out of the woodwork. I hate to say it, but not many of you bashing have a leg to stand on.Not a one of you have near the attention nor work put into your speed as the silver car has put into its looks.If you guys would work on your cars more and bump your gums less...You would have a nicer car closer to the goal you are trying to acheive.Whether it be for Speed or looks,talking about other peoples cars gets nothing done to your own.You guys have No clue what it is like to build a show type of car and really dont realize the planning and work put into these cars.You may not like this style ,but you have to appreciate the effort.I will tell you first hand that the guys who build these cars dont sterotype guys who like to make their cars faster as dumb ass street racers so why do people insist on putting everyone into the same category.Stereotyping owns you.
And for everyone that tried to rationalize the reason to make a car faster just proved my point...You do it because you like it and were quick to defend your reasoning.
Thank you all for your input ...I see it worked well to prove a point.

I can appreciate it... i just thought
All BLING And No ZING Makes Little Johnny a RICER!
might have made you less of an advocate for those type of cars. I dont have anything against the first two, not my thing, but whatever, i just hate seeing a purpose built platform deystroyed by someone.

ForceFed said:

Everytime a member wants to do a thread for just a modded Sport compact type car, all the bashers come out of the woodwork. I hate to say it, but not many of you bashing have a leg to stand on.Not a one of you have near the attention nor work put into your speed as the silver car has put into its looks.If you guys would work on your cars more and bump your gums less...You would have a nicer car closer to the goal you are trying to acheive.

If I were to beat my car with a hammer for the same amount of time that those owners of the first 3 cars spent doing work to their cars.. my car would probably still do better in shows.

Hell whats, a ricer? Every one of these cars are a ******* ricer. That term came out to discribe the imports. 99% of all of these cars are slow as s***. At least the first two are uniqe. All you haters with the speeds are a dime a dozen. I can go through this forum and find the same mods of one car on about 20 others. I think the silver one looks kick ass. The two tone look good but I would get rid of the tail lights.

SP33D said:
If I were to beat my car with a hammer for the same amount of time that those owners of the first 3 cars spent doing work to their cars.. my car would probably still do better in shows.

Get the **** out of here. Your body club kit (in your sig) is played out. Show yours.

daedalus said:
I can appreciate it... i just thought might have made you less of an advocate for those type of cars. I dont have anything against the first two, not my thing, but whatever, i just hate seeing a purpose built platform deystroyed by someone.
I love all types of cars and can aprreciate them all.As far as our platform...It is not performance oriented in nature...It is an econobox that was Brought to a realization that it could handle well with the right combo of parts put on it.This platform was not "PURPOSE" built to be a road handling machine....Doesn't mean they dont....and I for one like the fact that they turn but I like to lay rocker as well....If you understand that statement ,then you will understand my point of view.

Last edited:
SP33D said:
If I were to beat my ...car with a hammer for the same amount of time that those owners of the first 3 cars spent doing ...work to their cars.. my ...car would probably still do better in shows.
I expected more from you...Its more about principle of people on this forum bashing anyone who does not fit their "NORM" of all go...Which is BS...You and I both know this...I never said those three cars were the best showers ever...I was merely defending a way of life and a style.

Back