Raise the CX-5 1-2"

ge0man

:
2014 CX-5 GT Black AWD
Are there any kits out there that would allow me to tweak the suspension to raise the CX-5 1"-2"? Or should I just put taller wheels on it?

Are there any kits out there that would allow me to tweak the suspension to raise the CX-5 1"-2"? Or should I just put taller wheels on it?

I would check out a performance shop. I've never seen anything about lift kits for CX-5 but it seems easier to go "generic" to lift than it does to lower. Make sure you post your Jeep X-5 if you do, you would probably be the first lol.

This would probably look tight lifted
00-CJ-Wilson-Mazda-CX-5-Zombie1.jpg

This is exactly the thread I've been looking for, too bad it died 2 months ago. Since I've dropped all my previous cars, I think the above CX-5 might look better with some coil spacers. The Subie Forester has a 1" kit so I am hoping someone makes it for our ride, and best part is it does not change the suspension ride quality, which is already stiffer than 8 other compact SUVs I tried before buying. The roof top light kit above looks pretty good too.

I think the above CX-5 might look better with some coil spacers. The Subie Forester has a 1" kit so I am hoping someone makes it for our ride, and best part is it does not change the suspension ride quality, which is already stiffer than 8 other compact SUVs I tried before buying.
Don't be fooled. Lifting the weight of the body/frame, engine and transmission higher will work against the effectiveness of the stabilizer bars (anti-sway bars) and raise the center of gravity. The unavoidable result will be more body lean during cornering. If more body lean is not considered detrimental to over all ride quality, I don't know what is.

Don't be fooled. Lifting the weight of the body/frame, engine and transmission higher will work against the effectiveness of the stabilizer bars (anti-sway bars) and raise the center of gravity. The unavoidable result will be more body lean during cornering. If more body lean is not considered detrimental to over all ride quality, I don't know what is.

Not necessarily- if the roll center is lower than the mass center coming out of the factory (probably is on an SUV/CUV), then raising the car would raise the roll center (usually more than you raise the mass center) and possibly reduce the amount of body roll during cornering. That doesn't mean it'll handle any better or worse, or even reduce limits- but it is possible to raise a vehicle and reduce body roll.

I'd love to raise the vehicle just about 2" so that I could put a bit more aggressive tires there and not worry about scraping my front lip.

I've heard of this one here, but nothing else from anywhere. Does anyone else know any other suppliers?

http://www.spaccer.com/en_US/prices.html

I'd love to raise the vehicle just about 2" so that I could put a bit more aggressive tires there and not worry about scraping my front lip.

I've heard of this one here, but nothing else from anywhere. Does anyone else know any other suppliers?

http://www.spaccer.com/en_US/prices.html
I haven't heard of any lift kits for the cx-5. You can probably get a generic kit at a truck performance shop, I'm not sure how high you can get with a set of adjustable coil overs.. I have some but I'm setting them for low.

Last edited:
For some reason, I could see Mike M. using that to get to his mountain destinations.
I'm not goanna lie I actually like that; it's pretty unique compared the usual lifted vehicles you see. Definitely would add a stiffer rear and front sway bar to that (there are a few avail).
That's probably a diesel too. Imagine tuning it to roll coal.. I'd like to see the look on a ford or dodge diesel truck driver when they get rolled by a Japanese cuv lol!

For some reason, I could see Mike M. using that to get to his mountain destinations.

I've driven through washouts where a lifted body would have been a distinct disadvantage. Remember, these lift kits lift the center of gravity of the engine, transmission, frame and entire body without increasing the track width. That means your side hill performance is reduced and highway roll-over likelihood is increased. By picking the right line through a washout or other obstacle the need for additional ground clearance is greatly reduced. On the other hand, a higher center of gravity is almost always a handicap.

Definitely would add a stiffer rear and front sway bar to that (there are a few avail).

Hmmm.... lift the vehicle to increase ground clearance and then reduce wheel articulation with stiffer sway bars front and rear.... that's a recipe for a vehicle that performs poorly both on-road and off-road. Maybe stiffer sway bars with quick disconnects for off-road.... yeah, that's the ticket. I've been places where the OEM sway bars were strong enough to be problematic off-road. It's amazing how easily the CX-5 gets two wheels off the ground and this is directly attributable to the effectiveness of the OEM sway bars.

That's probably a diesel too. Imagine tuning it to roll coal.. I'd like to see the look on a ford or dodge diesel truck driver when they get rolled by a Japanese cuv lol!

Maybe if I hadn't already graduated from middle school this might be rewarding...

Last edited:
Funny because most of the people I see rolling coal are in expensive diesel trucks

Back