Rag Top P5?

jonlong

:
2003.5 Black MP5
Yo, I'm thinking about putting a rag top on my P5 this weekend. I have a bunch of dremel cuttin wheels laying around, so i'm just gonna use those to do the chop. I'm just gonna take off the whole roof, from the windshield to the rear hatch. I think I'm gonna use an old table cloth as the top and just velcro it so I can roll it back when the sun shines down.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this and what problems I might run into. I was worried about the table cloth being waterproof, so I'm gonna drip candlewax on it to keep the water out.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_00431.JPG
    IMG_00431.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 314
It will save you alot of time if you use a plasma cutter. Even a die grinder with a cutting disk would work better than the dremel.

03promaz said:
It will save you alot of time if you use a plasma cutter. Even a die grinder with a cutting disk would work better than the dremel.

that would be alot faster do it take lots of pics along the way plz lets see this happen

I'm thinking he should set up a video camera during the dremel tool cutting process, that should make for some interesting video on youtube...

03promaz said:

AlbNYPR5 said:
I'm thinking he should set up a video camera during the dremel tool cutting process, that should make for some interesting video on youtube...

I dont think youtube would let you upload a video for as long as it would take.

haha, definitely kidding. sorry to dissapoint. For some reason i was thinking about what a rag top p5 would look like today.

Yah that might look a little to getto anyways. If you were to do this:

1: you would have to remove the dome light unless you did the skylight just in the rear of the roof.

2: Water would leak through if you just used velcrow so it would be best to use a unit that is made to do this. Like the mechanical retracting ones they have done on "Pimp my ride"

But I would really like to see this also. It would look sick on a P5

mechanical retracting would be the best way...like the kind of roofs they have on some stadiums nowadays...

Back