:
2002.5 Proteg5
For Sale
Racing Beat sport / lowering coil springs x4
$100 shipped! Compare to MSRP of $210

More info from the source: racingbeat.com

Applications:

1999-2000 Protg Sedan ES 1.8
(Ride height drop - front .875-inch, rear .875-inch)

2001 Protg Sedan LX 2.0, ES 2.0 (excluding MP3)
(Ride height drop - front .875-inch, rear .875-inch)

2002-03 Protg Sedan/Protege5 - All Models (excluding MazdaSpeed Protege)
(Ride height drop - front .75-inch, rear .875-inch)

Condition: front springs (new - never used), rear springs (like new - tried them out for a month and decided not to use)

attachment.php

These Racing Beat springs are Made in Japan (by Espelir)
attachment.php

Last edited:
if ya still have em next friday, I'll take em. may be interested in a package deal with the strut mounts you have too...Not sure. Need to do some research first on the mounts (want to try and swap out the rubber for poly if possible)

if ya still have em next friday, I'll take em. may be interested in a package deal with the strut mounts you have too...Not sure. Need to do some research first on the mounts (want to try and swap out the rubber for poly if possible)

Sure. I'd be glad to bundle the springs with the mounts. I'll also throw in a pair of rear end links I have that are for the stock P5 sway bar that are also like new.

I think you're going to be fine with the rubber isolators that come with the mounts. I found out after a lot of trouble, that the threads on the aftermarket (KYB) strut piston rod ends were not milled down far enough to allow the lock nut to tighten up the assembly properly. That was causing a lot of noise in the rear suspension. What I ended up doing was doubling up the keyed/bowl washers, that are for keeping the rod from spinning when held static as you tighten the nut, on each side in the rear which effectively pinched the metal cup, which covers the dust boot/bump stop, up tight against the bottom side of the strut mount. You can also achieve this with a couple of washers on each side. Now the suspension is silent whereas before I could hear a lot of tapping which was that loose metal cup. If your car has stock struts you might not even need the washer shim. Also, the Tokico HP (blue) struts I had previously didn't need any shims either.

$130 for the bundled items shipped to PA.

Honestly, I'm looking at replacing the struts all around on the car in the spring if/when I do the springs/mounts...Probably end up using stagg struts from ebay for the immediate future, until I go with coil overs and drop the car past 1"

*sigh* twist my arm why don't you... ;) :p pm me your address, I'll drop the cash in the mail friday for you with shipping info for these, if not sooner (waiting on a check to come from my bank). I need new struts/springs anyhow, was planning to wait til spring but with a deal like this I can't complain lol

Made by Espelir eh? How do they compare to the Espelir blue's I saw listed in another FS thread?

Last edited:
*sigh* twist my arm why don't you... ;) :p pm me your address, I'll drop the cash in the mail friday for you with shipping info for these, if not sooner (waiting on a check to come from my bank). I need new struts/springs anyhow, was planning to wait til spring but with a deal like this I can't complain lol

Made by Espelir eh? How do they compare to the Espelir blue's I saw listed in another FS thread?

When I was running on Espelir springs installed with Tokico HP struts it was great. But I was fortunate to have mostly driven on very smooth blacktop and freeways. I put over 100k miles on them. Now I live in an area with a lot of bumpy streets and pot holes and it's too rough and dangerous. Especially with 17" rims and 40 series tires. I installed those springs over 10 years ago and they may have sagged a bit. Originally they dropped the car about a 1.4" but when I took them off this past spring the 16" inch rims with 50 series tires were almost tucked. See below pic.

attachment.php

I can't really say how the Espelir springs compare to the Racing Beat springs because I didn't install them with the same strut. I'm now on tein h tech springs, kyb struts and yokohama touring tires. The ride is way more soft and forgiving. I needed to soften my suspension because whenever i drive I'm usually hauling an infant plus passengers. So, I need the extra height and suspension travel to support the added weight of passengers including luggage.

Also, a google search yielded this info:

attachment.php

Probably an order for more modern mazda models but there you go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back