Quick ratio steering rack

JoshP5

Hold the butter
:
AccordSportMT
Just wondering what you do if you want a quicker steering ratio for your P5.
MSP rack? Other Mazda racks? Haven't seen any aftermarket offerings...

yeah, the only quick rack readily available is the MP3 rack, which was also used on the european 323 (protege). other than that, custom job. (and lots of $$$)

JoshP5 said:
Just wondering what you do if you want a quicker steering ratio for your P5.
MSP rack? Other Mazda racks? Haven't seen any aftermarket offerings...

msp rack is the same as the protege5 rack. mp3 is the only rack among the 3rd gens with the performance advantage. we can get them used/reman for you if you want.

Good to know if my rack fails. Why replace stock when there is an upgraded part available, eh? ;)

What makes the mp3's steering firmer? I'd like to get that action on my p5 at least if I can't get a faster ratio.

Topher said:
i had a p5 and an mp3...the steering in the mp3 feels a lot firmer than the p5...but that's my opinion.

tires and unsprung weight makes a big difference on steering feel... the mp3 steering rack DOES respond slightly slower than the non-mp3 steering racks though... there's more of a dead center spot with the mp3 compared to non-mp3

TheMAN said:
tires and unsprung weight makes a big difference on steering feel... the mp3 steering rack DOES respond slightly slower than the non-mp3 steering racks though... there's more of a dead center spot with the mp3 compared to non-mp3
my p5 pulls to the left, does that count? lol
must be cuz i don thave a dead center spot (glare)

Back