Quick Introduction

:
2020 CX-5 GTR
Hi Folks. I'm new to CX-5 forum. Happy to say I own a new CX5 GTR and so far loving it.

My last Mazda was a 2003 Tribute. Actually had 2 of them between my wife and I.

This CX-5 replaces my wife's 2008 Prius which was totaled out. That litte car was great and probably would have made it another 100K miles. Was 206,000 on it when some one plowed into the back of it at 50 miles/hour when she was stopped at a light. Hoping CX-5 will be as reliable.

I've honestly driven her brand new CX-5 more than she has so far. 'I'm breaking it in for her'. Probably have to let her have it back at the end of the 600 mile break in. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to get another one of these for myself.

I've enjoyed reading quite a few posts from a lot of you and looking forward to sharing experiences with you all.

Last edited:
Hi Folks. I'm new to CX-5 forum. Happy to say I own a new CX5 GTR and so far loving it.
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

This CX-5 replaces my wife's 2008 Prius which was totaled out. That litte car was great and probably would have made it another 100K miles. Was 206,000 on it when some one plowed into the back of it at 50 miles/hour when she was stopped at a light. Hoping CX-5 will be as reliable.
;)

Welcome @Steve88 and thanks for joining up!

Happy to see that you're enjoying the Community already and that you may have to pick up a CX-5 for yourself as well...😁

Welcome to the forum from a fellow GTR owner.

I can attest to the safety of the GTR. My first 4 month 2019 GTR was rear ended & totaled by someone going 40 mph while I also was stopped at a light. My son & I walked away with bumps & bruises. I replaced it with the exact same vehicle.

Good to hear ! I was happy without car payments and thought we could get another two years out of this one. It was running perfectly. But like you implied - it just a car and it can be replaced. Glad you both were ok and I'm thankful my wife is still here to share my life with me. I got $3900 for the prius which actually wasn't bad considering it was 12 Years old with 206000 on it. Still $3900 doesn't go to far. She did have a low carbon foot print and was averaging 47MPG.

By the way - based on your handle you must be a cat lover like we are. Our cat census is down now. We only have 3 of our Maine Coons left.

Funny, the wife and I both had Escapes back in the day. A 2001 and a 2004. Went by GreyBoy on Escape-Central, if you were ever there.

Welcome to a great community here!

Back