Questions - Prospective buyer - Touring or GT?

Then get a Toyota/Lexus product. Subaru also actually retains value pretty decent among some of their products. Mazda, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Hyundai, etc. etc. they all pretty much plummet. Mercedes and BMW run like a lemming off a cliff.

Especially the M and AMGs

2016 M5

0540b186165e1c63633c37b161828227.jpg

56a843ebd3ae8d0a220dc96790041a4e.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the opinions; FWIW I went to another dealer this a.m. & took a GT w/ PP for a good test drive.
Again, very impressed with how it drove & also with all the safety features (coming from an old Prius V with none).

I'm not in a position to start negotiating for a week or two so will have to see what's available when I can - sales guy said they're not getting in any more CX5's until the 19's start coming in.
The 18 Touring with PP I test drove last week is already gone...
BT

Yep. That's what's got me looking at AMG stuff actually. I could snag a $75K ride 2 years and 30K miles out the gate for $35-40K. Blows my mind. It makes me feel like I'm getting a deal until year 4 when it's worth $18K, and then I'm all thinking about how I'll be blessing it with chicken blood and rituals to not break because I'm stuck in it.

In all honesty, The SA-X Mazda 3 has my attention. If they can go AWD + manual, I'd really consider it. I like the WRX's, but they just look terrible to me and the interior screams "WE MISS 1999!!!!" That said, I was getting a haircut today when I saw a 2.5XT Forester with a Perrin exhaust that was clean AF! I mean, if an alien popped out and said "You time traveled to 2005 bro!" I'd believe it! Super clean! THOSE were fast little CUV's. Low 5's to 60 stock, as I recall.

But then, I see stuff like this on the way home all the time. Tons of AMG, Viper, Lambo around here, and I know I need to just stay the course until I can buy another lower end supercar and enjoy rolling around like t here's an egg between my foot and the skinny pedal again.

45238746_10100128183023591_5298814196614430720_o.jpg

45148762_10100128205628291_7429174845092397056_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the opinions; FWIW I went to another dealer this a.m. & took a GT w/ PP for a good test drive.
Again, very impressed with how it drove & also with all the safety features (coming from an old Prius V with none).

I'm not in a position to start negotiating for a week or two so will have to see what's available when I can - sales guy said they're not getting in any more CX5's until the 19's start coming in.
BT

The Prius V is probably the safest vehicle on the planet.

-You have a long time to consider your actions before you achieve terminal velocity.
-You are very unlikely to be exposed to STD's while owning one.
-Pregnancy, unintentional or otherwise, is a very low risk.
-Hi-jacking is not a concern.

BT

Mazda lost 44000 vehicles due to the typhoon in Japan this quarter. Not sure how many were for USA. So keep an eye out. Maybe buy when inventory is healthy.

2016 M5

0540b186165e1c63633c37b161828227.jpg

56a843ebd3ae8d0a220dc96790041a4e.jpg

I know. It's absolutely brutal to think of people who only do 20% down on a car like that and then have a life-change and need out of it. WTF!?

I did $8K down on my Z06 brand new, and when I traded out of it, the dealer taking it in sold me the car I was looking at for MSRP (normal for that car, as they were rare t o get with the options I wanted. I waited 4 months for one to hit US shores), and absolved me of my Z06's owed amount.

Back