2016~2023 Question: How to remove charge pipe connector from throttle body?

:
Mazda CX-9 Signature
I've only gone as far as removing the actual charge pipe off of the connector. As you can see the connector is locked to the throttle body. My goal is to remove it so I can gain access to TB for some cleaning. I've tried depressing the clip looking white plastic while twisting/pulling the connector but no dice. Can anyone shed some light?

Attachments

• 20200529_102856.jpg
    20200529_102856.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 642
  • 20200529_102932.jpg
    20200529_102932.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 525
I hope my screenshots of a service manual are not against forum rules, if so please remove:
Removal step:
Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 4.24.11 PM.png

Installation step:
Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 4.28.22 PM.png

system blown up:
Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 4.25.32 PM.png

While you're in there why not get something like the barrymans injector cleaner and run that through the system post intercooler?
Ninja Edit: Removing that intercooler return collar right before the throttle body and not fully seating it WILL NOT ALLOW THE CAR TO IDLE! I just tried to use the barrymans intake cleaning kit after confirming it comes off the way shown above. I had the curved yellow straw with the kit inside the throttle body and the hard plastic ring 99% of the way on with only a small gap and the CX9 would not idle.

Instead I removed vacuum line #19 above and was able to administer the intake valve cleaning kit that way using their other supplied tool.

Last edited:
Can confirm it works, I just removed it this way! (y)
I might do a quick picture thread with a box of barrymans DI valve cleaner kit I have been meaning to use.

Just clean that plastic ring with brake cleaner because mine was full of dirt and sand, don't want that in the system when you put it back together.

Can confirm it works, I just removed it this way! (y)
I might do a quick picture thread with a box of barrymans DI valve cleaner kit I have been meaning to use.

I hope that you do! I'd love to have this procedure to reference when I eventually do it to my car. (y)

I've only gone as far as removing the actual charge pipe off of the connector. As you can see the connector is locked to the throttle body. My goal is to remove it so I can gain access to TB for some cleaning. I've tried depressing the clip looking white plastic while twisting/pulling the connector but no dice. Can anyone shed some light?
How dirty was your throttle body? I have 81,000 miles on 2016 CX-9 and never cleaned it. Wasn't sure if I really had to remove just the intake or more than that to get to it.

Back