Quebec price for CX-5 and APA membership

Zipnick

Hi,

I gave a try at negotiating the price of a GT+Tech CX-5 with a salesman in Qubec city. I was told clearly that they see the CX-5 as non negotiable for the price (gotta pay MSRP) and interest rates (set by Mazda). The salesman also says that they have three clients willing to buy a CX-5 for every one of them actually available for sale, so it seems they're not interested in bargaining. They do seem to be in high demand and constrained quantities.

I gave the example of someone on this forum (from around Toronto) who got $2400 off the same model + floor mats. Of course the salesman doesn't believe me...

I asked about APA membership and negotiated price reductions. Of course the salesman didn't know anything about it... ;-)
http://www.apa.ca/carsearch_fr.asp?optone=MAZDA&opttwo=807

Does anyone know if the APA negotiated price is worth it for this vehicle? Any other ways of negotiating with Mazda on this car?

I do not own a Mazda yet, do not live with someone owning a Mazda, and my diplomas are not recent enough to get the rebates... ;-)

Thanks for any tips on great deals! I would be willing to purchase in Montral if it's really worth it...

Z. from Qubec city

Right now with the high demand and low supply dealers can set the price. If you can wait a few months until more arrive on NA shores negotiating will be easier.

No way for a bargain price here, right now, Zipnick... Signed mine at Beauport Mazda last week at MRSP. The only gift I got was the Cache Baggages for175$ instead of 250$, and I have been a VERY good client there since the openning of the dealership. I was lucky enough that they found a manual with Groupe Commoddit with only 2 weeks of waiting.

It`s Springtime and the brand new shinny CX-5 just arrived a few weeks ago, so if you want one now... Your salesman is not lying.

No way for a bargain price here, right now, Zipnick... Signed mine at Beauport Mazda last week at MRSP. The only gift I got was the Cache Baggages for175$ instead of 250$, and I have been a VERY good client there since the openning of the dealership. I was lucky enough that they found a manual with Groupe Commoddit with only 2 weeks of waiting.

It`s Springtime and the brand new shinny CX-5 just arrived a few weeks ago, so if you want one now... Your salesman is not lying.

I got a pretty good deal on mine, Fairview Mazda in Montreal, if you want I could give you my selsman number, might be worth a drive if you can negotiate .

I got mine from the same dealer (CX-5 GT Auto). I got a price on a set of 17" winter tires (with rims) @800 plus a front deflector but no reduction on a the car itself.

Wow, you guys are getting bullied in Quebec. I got my CX5 in Toronto and got around $2400 off the MSRP for the AWD GT Tech version. There was one dealer in my area that quoted me $0 off the MSRP, and was bold enough to add on some dumbass "platinum care" pack and vin etching. Waste of money.

If you can, do online quotes with the dealers in your area first. You may find the Internet pricing cheaper then negotiating first at the dealer.

Last edited:
Zipnick, I don't know how things work in Quebec City but you can definite get some $$ off on MSRP in Montreal. I just ordered a CX-5 GS FWD from Spinelli Mazda. I saved about $1200 off the MSRP, and I got the feeling that I can even walk out with a lower price. Go CarCostCanada, paid $25, run some report, it save you lots $$ and time when you are negotiating the price. I can pass you my sales number if you want. Worst case, just order one from Montreal dealer :) it is only 3 hours driving.

Back