protege 5 clone

I don't mean to be rude, but this is the third thread regarding the Spectra5 resembling the P5.

lets see, Ford owns Kia....Ford owns Mazda.... and this Spectra5 surprises you because..........??

Not to be COMPLETELY mean....but I dont care what they call it or what they try to model it after....IT IS STILL A KIA!!!!

Kia = KILLED IN ACTION!

ok, but the whole 5 thing - it's not a matter of them copying it. A Hatch is considered a 5 door car, that's the basis for the name. I don't care that the Protege5 was the first car (and I'm not exactly positive it was) to follow the simplistic naming convention, it's still not that big a deal.

All new cars look alike if you really wanna get down to it. Between unibody designs, shared platforms, and the fact that almost each refresh of vehicles comes out looking like they spent a little less time with design teams and more time in the windtunnel...

oh boo hoo - this car looks like my car, how cheap, they are copying....

Micah said:
ok, but the whole 5 thing - it's not a matter of them copying it. A Hatch is considered a 5 door car, that's the basis for the name. I don't care that the Protege5 was the first car (and I'm not exactly positive it was) to follow the simplistic naming convention, it's still not that big a deal.

All new cars look alike if you really wanna get down to it. Between unibody designs, shared platforms, and the fact that almost each refresh of vehicles comes out looking like they spent a little less time with design teams and more time in the windtunnel...

oh boo hoo - this car looks like my car, how cheap, they are copying....

its just simply a rip-off. you dont have a p5. its a unique car. copy cats suck and this car is one. it takes away from the uniqueness of the p5.

NJP5Guy said:
its just simply a rip-off. you dont have a p5. its a unique car. copy cats suck and this car is one. it takes away from the uniqueness of the p5.
1994 Honda Accord Wagon

honda_accord_wagon_7536.jpg

I can go back further if you want. I assure you - mazda did not invent the 5 door wagon. Hit google and type in "5 door wagon" and see how many results you come up with.

Micah said:
1994 Honda Accord Wagon

I can go back further if you want. I assure you - mazda did not invent the 5 door wagon. Hit google and type in "5 door wagon" and see how many results you come up with.
Yeah true but, it's not called a "ACCORD 5"

Micah said:
1994 Honda Accord Wagon

the p5 is a sport wagon as it is classified. the accord is a station wagon. there is a difference. :D

The p5 set the stage for sportiness (in a wagon dare i say). you couldnt do the things in an accord you can in a p5. would you consider the national lampoons wagon in a class along side a p5....i think not.

I always thought the 01-03 Protege's looked like ripoff Subaru Imprezas if it make you all feel any better.

trbomp5 said:
lets see, Ford owns Kia....Ford owns Mazda.... and this Spectra5 surprises you because..........??

Mazda use to supply motors to both kia and hyndia. Hyundia owns kia.

For all you to know the next generation neon and mitisbishi is going to have motor built by Hyundia.

Glowspeedp5 said:
Mazda use to supply motors to both kia and hyndia. Hyundia owns kia.

For all you to know the next generation neon and mitisbishi is going to have motor built by Hyundia.

I stand corrected, I could have swore that Ford owned them. I knew about the motors, o well.

Back