• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Project Pay2Play: My Eunos Cosmo has arrived!

They sure do, I'd like to put the Cosmo on a subtle diet...Take weight off in a way that won't "take" away from the overall EC experience and look while enhancing performance at the same time. I've done a bit of that already with boltons and now the coilovers but I would like to replace the wheels and brakes in the future and eventually the exhaust...All with lighter, stronger and higher performance parts!

The Eunos Cosmo deserves it, damn it! (werd)
Stock exhaust is INSANELY heavy. Although mine came with AutoExe cat-backs, the rest of the system was seriously hefty. The stock y-pipe coming from the the turbo outlet to the mid-pipes is heavier than my entire titanium system now. You should talk to Kawato-san about building you a single outlet 3in exhaust, and then maybe we could talk about trading exhaust :p (I really want something louder and even more free flowing!).

:
1990 acura integra
nice cars....got a little problem maybe you guys can help me with.... I just imported a 1995 mazda cosmos 20b.... the speedo stops working after 40km/h and the 123/dsl lights flash back and forth and the hold light comes on, only after I hit about 40km/h.... can anyone help me??? THANKS....

Antoine

Administrator
Stock exhaust is INSANELY heavy. Although mine came with AutoExe cat-backs, the rest of the system was seriously hefty. The stock y-pipe coming from the the turbo outlet to the mid-pipes is heavier than my entire titanium system now. You should talk to Kawato-san about building you a single outlet 3in exhaust, and then maybe we could talk about trading exhaust :p (I really want something louder and even more free flowing!).
Mine must way a TON, I'm still running the original MAZDASPEED exhaust system that I believe was a factory / dealer option when the Cosmo was new...It may not be as heavy as the stock system but I'm sure it's still seriously heavy. Wait...Do you not need to run cats? Due to Shaken requirements, I can't just replace my exhaust system with anything, the cat has to be certified and the whole system has to be able to pass Shaken. Speaking of exhausts, I wouldn't mind updating / replacing / repositioning my exhaust tips...I'm still running the original MAZDASPEED ones which I really dig but I've been thinking newer larger exhaust tips might help to update the rear of the Cosmo and give it a bit more attitude.

Any update on getting a custom titanium exhaust built for your Cosmo..?

nice cars....got a little problem maybe you guys can help me with.... I just imported a 1995 mazda cosmos 20b.... the speedo stops working after 40km/h and the 123/dsl lights flash back and forth and the hold light comes on, only after I hit about 40km/h.... can anyone help me??? THANKS....
Hello there and thanks for posting, not sure what your issue is but it could be electrical...Please start a new thread in our Rotary Section (link below)...

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?335-Rotary-Lounge

I hope you find a solution and keep us updated, thanks!

Ps...I'd love to see pics of your Cosmo too.. (thumb)

:
Eunos Cosmo 20b
Re gauge pod for Cosmo

Hi I am after RE gauge pod on steering column for cosmo anyone got any ideas were i can get one.

Antoine

Administrator
thanks...I started a new thread.....
Thanks again for starting a new thread! (thumb)

Hi I am after RE gauge pod on steering column for cosmo anyone got any ideas were i can get one.
Hi and Welcome! Good question...I ordered mine from within Japan years ago...Looks like it's no longer offered via the RE Amemiya website or on sites like NenGun. Have you tried eBay or Yahoo Auctions Japan? I would also try contacting people directly like fellow Cosmo owners LoneStarS30Z (pm link https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=123418 ) and Herblenny (pm link https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=17669 )...Try PMing every person who has posted about their Cosmo on Mazdas247. Some of them may not respond but some of these guys stock pile parts and may have one or at least offer a solid lead! Finally, it wouldn't hurt to ask Kawato-San at TCP Magic ( info@tcp-magic.com ) here in Japan if he has one or a lead (he knows a lot of Mazda Rotary people in the U.S. and Australia etc).

Good Luck with the search and if you've got a moment, I'd love to see you start a new thread about your Cosmo! :D

Antoine

Administrator
Any updates?
Sadly no...Just maintenance these days...I've got plans but time and budgets are required elsewhere currently...Thanks for asking though and for checking out my thread here...I received your PM btw, response coming soon!

Antoine

Administrator
I should change the title of this thread to...

Project Pay2Play: My Eunos Cosmo has SOLD!

That's right, after 10+ years and many memories, I decided it was time for the Cosmo and I to say goodbye and part ways. I really did love that car but I've got other priorities these days and I don't have the time to give it the attention it deserves.

Speaking of attention, I don't know much about the new Owner (the actual sale was handled by TCP Magic), just that they are in Japan which means the Cosmo will likely remain in its homeland.

I have a feeling I'm going to see the Cosmo again someday, somewhere in Japan and I will instantly know...THAT was my car!

Saying "goodbye" to the Cosmo did make me quite emotional, I was sort of at a loss for words but relieved at the same time knowing that it was going to a good home.

Perhaps someday I will own it again...Who knows...;)

For now, I'm vehicle-less but I would like to get back in the Driver's seat again of course...Not sure what vehicle that seat will be in yet...We'll see...Stay tuned and thanks for following this thread over the years! 😃

Latest posts

Weekly Poll: Interested in the MX-30?

• Yes

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I want an Electric CX-3, 30, 5, 8 or 9

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I want an Electric Mazda2, 3, 6 or Miata

Votes: 1 5.0%