• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Project Pay2Play: My Eunos Cosmo has arrived!

Antoine

Administrator

i12drivemyMP5

___ 323F ___
Contributor
Nice update. I too went for the glossy black silicone recently while doing some updating. Samco radiator hoses and the elbows/connectors for the 505zoom air intake box, MAF, TB. Of course it's no Eunos Cosmo but it is similarly silver. Always a treat to see new stuff in this thread.

:
'86 RX-7 Base, '79 RX-7 GS
NLA parts is always frustrating. I'm finding that's occurring more and more with my RX7 as well. Even what I consider to be "collision" parts are NLA, which is unfortunately should any of these cars be in an accident. Ebay Motors and Yahoo Auctions will become your friends.

Antoine

Administrator
I'm interested to see the quality of those DG-5's and how they ride. What're the spring rates? I have the Aragosta units with Swift springs and it's an amazing feelings set up for our cars.

:
It's interesting the image you pasted above shows an application for the FC3S RX-7 but I couldn't find anything on their site. It sounds like an interesting option if your mechanic recommends them on the shop race cars.

Antoine

Administrator
:
Did you also check the DG-5 website? http://www.dg-5.co.jp/lineup/index.html

Yeah, a few years ago I inquired about upgrading my suspension and he recommended a "local" custom suspension builder here in Japan but shortly after he partnered with DG-5 and Swift Springs. I like that he's not just recommending them from "word of mouth" or because he gets a phat commission but because he actually uses them on his race cars! (thumb)
It shows up there. At about $2100 USD it's a pricey alternative but one I'll keep in mind. The spring rates are pretty much the same as those from other companies so it'll be interesting to find out what differentiates them from the others. I'll be paying attention when it's time for your upgrade.

Antoine

Administrator

Antoine

Administrator
:
'02.5 Mazda Protege5
That's a bummer they need some modification, but I'm sure your guy will make them work! (thumb) I'm eager to see it all finished :D Happy Holidays too!

Have you gotten the car back yet? Those are some unexpected issues there for sure!

For my rear coilover, I had to cut little holes in the rear parcel shelf. Never thought about going through the trunk, hmmmm.

Antoine

Administrator

Antoine

Administrator
Wow what the...that's the first time I've seen the rear seat belts like that! My rear are just lap belts, and they tuck nicely under the seat cushions, so are all the other Cosmo's I've seen. Do you have pictures of the rear belts with all the interior trim back in?

Congrats on the coilovers, that's the same spring rates I have on my Swift's mounted onto my Aragosta's. They a great compromise between comfort and performance.

Antoine

Administrator
:
Mazda Axela 4WD GT (Lexie)
Where are you located again Antoine?
Im flying down to Honshu in February, would love to have a look at your beast.

Cheers,
Bruno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antoine

Administrator

Weekly Poll: Interested in the MX-30?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I want an Electric CX-3, 30, 5, 8 or 9

Votes: 6 37.5%