Progression of the batmangmobile

batmang

Dunna dunna dunna....
:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
I picked up a 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege from 65+ year old man in Phoenix a few months ago after being Mazda-less for many years. It was his grandsons car, but he was deployed and had no use for the car, so gramps sold it. It needed a lot of work to get it running properly. Exhaust manifold was leaking, there was vacuum leaks, the seals on the GT25R were gone, the wastegate diaphragm held zero pressure, the exhaust was completely rusted and needed to be replaced, the struts were shot and the stock wheels had a ton of curb rash.

So... I started fixing things. I replaced the turbo CHRA, fixed the leaky manifold with a new gasket. Stress cut the manifold to prevent cracking, replaced the entire exhaust from the exhaust housing with POPE Performance's downpipe and exhaust. Replaced the struts with BC coils, BC camber plates on the front and KSport camber plates for the rear. Added a wideband, boost gauge, a new wastegate, a Tial Q 50mm blow off valve, fixed fmic issues, and the car is now running great.

Here is how its looking as of now:







Modifications done so far:

BC BR Series Coilovers (Extreme Low variant)
KSport Rear Camber Plates
20mm Spacers (front and rear)
Injen Intake
Front Mount Intercooler (Misc. eBay parts)
Tial Q 50mm Blow Off Valve
POPE Performance Downpipe
POPE Performance Full Exhaust
AEM Wideband
Autometer Boost Gauge
ATP Wastegate (Set at 8-9Lbs)

The next thing on the list is replacing the rear lateral links, but my wallet is still recovering. :]
 

ZealoustheEnder

Contributor
:
2003 MSP
I picked up a 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege from 65+ year old man in Phoenix a few months ago after being Mazda-less for many years. It was his grandsons car, but he was deployed and had no use for the car, so gramps sold it. It needed a lot of work to get it running properly. Exhaust manifold was leaking, there was vacuum leaks, the seals on the GT25R were gone, the wastegate diaphragm held zero pressure, the exhaust was completely rusted and needed to be replaced, the struts were shot and the stock wheels had a ton of curb rash.

So... I started fixing things. I replaced the turbo CHRA, fixed the leaky manifold with a new gasket. Stress cut the manifold to prevent cracking, replaced the entire exhaust from the exhaust housing with POPE Performance's downpipe and exhaust. Replaced the struts with BC coils, BC camber plates on the front and KSport camber plates for the rear. Added a wideband, boost gauge, a new wastegate, a Tial Q 50mm blow off valve, fixed fmic issues, and the car is now running great.

Here is how its looking as of now:







Modifications done so far:

BC BR Series Coilovers (Extreme Low variant)
KSport Rear Camber Plates
20mm Spacers (front and rear)
Injen Intake
Front Mount Intercooler (Misc. eBay parts)
Tial Q 50mm Blow Off Valve
POPE Performance Downpipe
POPE Performance Full Exhaust
AEM Wideband
Autometer Boost Gauge
ATP Wastegate (Set at 8-9Lbs)

The next thing on the list is replacing the rear lateral links, but my wallet is still recovering. :]
Did you relocate your maf?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
 

ZealoustheEnder

Contributor
:
2003 MSP
I used felpro seals. But I remember peaps saying there are better then oem valve seals.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
 

batmang

Dunna dunna dunna....
:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
I haven't checked around the forums yet (search), but I'm assuming there is a go to brand for seals that folks prefer. I also need to get the Blue Point valve keeper remover tool to make the job easier. (mj)
 
:
Mazda Protege MP3&MSP
I picked up a 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege from 65+ year old man in Phoenix a few months ago after being Mazda-less for many years. It was his grandsons car, but he was deployed and had no use for the car, so gramps sold it. It needed a lot of work to get it running properly. Exhaust manifold was leaking, there was vacuum leaks, the seals on the GT25R were gone, the wastegate diaphragm held zero pressure, the exhaust was completely rusted and needed to be replaced, the struts were shot and the stock wheels had a ton of curb rash.

So... I started fixing things. I replaced the turbo CHRA, fixed the leaky manifold with a new gasket. Stress cut the manifold to prevent cracking, replaced the entire exhaust from the exhaust housing with POPE Performance's downpipe and exhaust. Replaced the struts with BC coils, BC camber plates on the front and KSport camber plates for the rear. Added a wideband, boost gauge, a new wastegate, a Tial Q 50mm blow off valve, fixed fmic issues, and the car is now running great.

Here is how its looking as of now:







Modifications done so far:

BC BR Series Coilovers (Extreme Low variant)
KSport Rear Camber Plates
20mm Spacers (front and rear)
Injen Intake
Front Mount Intercooler (Misc. eBay parts)
Tial Q 50mm Blow Off Valve
POPE Performance Downpipe
POPE Performance Full Exhaust
AEM Wideband
Autometer Boost Gauge
ATP Wastegate (Set at 8-9Lbs)

The next thing on the list is replacing the rear lateral links, but my wallet is still recovering. :]


Car looks CLEAN! Good job on keeping another MSP on the road as some people just give up and part them out.