Prices paid for 2019 CX5

I'm looking to buy Mazda CX5 2019 GT with Premium Package ( Exterior Deep Crystal Blue) in Chicago area and one of the dealer offered me $33,100 out of door price for cash payment. What should be the reasonable offer i can make to the dealer ?

Thanks for your help!

MSRP is $34115
Sale Price is $31,713
Tax $2633
Doc Fees 456
Price OOD : $33,302 cash payment

Do you think asking $30,000 is too low ball offer? This is my first SUV purchase and any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

MSRP is $34115
Sale Price is $31,713
Tax $2633
Doc Fees 456
Price OOD : $33,302 cash payment

Do you think asking $30,000 is too low ball offer? This is my first SUV purchase and any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

How are you financing?

Are you a current Mazda owner?

Mazda is running $1k customer cash or 0.9% financing.

Also has some additional loyalty CB.

We do not talk about OTD pricing here as the tax rate and doc fees varies greatly.

I purchased a 2019 GT with premium package in Snow Pearl White for the following (in NJ)

Sale Price - $31,500
MSRP - $34,315 (including destination)
Discount - ~8%

Picked 0.9% over the $1,000 cash as it saved me more $$ over the loan term.

Hope this helps.

I think you have room for negotiating.

Thanks for your reply . I'm going with cash purchase since i don't have any incentive offered on financing. So you purchased GT with Premium in NJ for $31500 before tax and doc fee? I don't have any family owning Mazda so i'm not eligible for that discount

Thanks for your reply . I'm going with cash purchase since i don't have any incentive offered on financing. So you purchased GT with Premium in NJ for $31500 before tax and doc fee? I don't have any family owning Mazda so i'm not eligible for that discount

Yes, $31,500 before Tax, Title and Doc Fee. Also, my paint is extra $200 MSRP.

Have you checked Mazda's website to make sure there's no 0.9% in your area? I just checked and they're offering both.

Last edited:
I'm getting $1500 if i make purchase through cash and no incentive if go with 0.9% financing option . Some dealers have 0.9% financing option but i loose $1500 customer cash offer if i go in that route.

Thanks!

I'm getting $1500 if i make purchase through cash and no incentive if go with 0.9% financing option . Some dealers have 0.9% financing option but i loose $1500 customer cash offer if i go in that route.

Thanks!

I think you've got room to negotiate.

From reading here, rule of thumb is minimum 8 to 10% before any incentives.

I told one of dealer i got $30k deal from another dealer though i only got $33k and he is asking me show the offer email ( Literally got sense he thought i'm bluffing). Did anyone in this situation ? How did you handle to come out of this ? Do you share other dealers deal with the dealer? Thanks!

I told one of dealer i got $30k deal from another dealer though i only got $33k and he is asking me show the offer email ( Literally got sense he thought i'm bluffing). Did anyone in this situation ? How did you handle to come out of this ? Do you share other dealers deal with the dealer? Thanks!

So, I don't know how you can get out of this particular situation but start emailing dealers in surrounding and extended areas and see what prices you get.

I never tell anyone what quote I got from another dealer. Because once you tell them a price there is no benefit to them to offer you the best price...they just have to offer you a price that beats the other price.

This is what I do, I tell them that I have been contacting others just as I contacted you and I am looking for the best price and I'm ready to purchase. I am not going to tell you what others have quoted me but if your price is the best, I will buy from you. I am not looking to waste your nor my time.

I'm sure people will have different ideas on negotiating but being up front works the best.

Good luck...

I wouldn't make fake offer when I negotiate. If you target $30K OTD price for 2019 GT w/PP and assuming your tax rate is 8.3% and doc fee is $456, the sale price should be $27,280 (INCLUDING delivery fee of $1045). That's over 20% discount. You may find the deal with 2018 GT (if they ever have it in stock), but I believe that it is unrealistic number for 2019 model. The price is different from one region to another. But, the dealerships where you live should know what's average price of other dealership's offer. You don't have to provide the proof of the number but it should be something that you can work with. For your reference, I paid $29,500 GT w/ PP (took $1000 cash back, OTD to be around $32,000) in Maryland (this April).

Last edited:
I driven the turbo and non turbo back to back. The steering feel of the turbo is more tighter. More sports car feel. Can someone confirm if there is a difference?

TT

I got an offer from a "dealer" today. They offer all brands of cars and are not the local Mazda dealer.

I'd asked for a Gray GT-R (no options) but he said he could only find a Silver GT-R with a roof rack ($320 option).

He wants $35,473 for it but that is NOT the out the door price.

Oregon has a 0.5% Dealer Privilege tax, which he wants me to pay (i.e. he will not absorb it into his profit).
The 4 year title + registration fee is $456 (but ... I checked with ORegon DMV and that includes $150 in profit for him doing the registration).

So, out the door is $36,106.

After that I asked about my trade-in which he looked at earlier this week. It is a 2010 Subaru Forester with only 59,000 miles (but a 6"x6" scrape on the rear bumper). He will give me $7,500 off for my trade in.

I told him I'd think about it...

Hey, @ralf11. First time poster here.

FWIW, just bought 2019 CX-5 Signature in machine gray for $36k OTD in OR @ 0.9% APR on 8/6. Seemed like a pretty good price to us, but not sure. No trade-in.

I got an offer from a "dealer" today. They offer all brands of cars and are not the local Mazda dealer.

I'd asked for a Gray GT-R (no options) but he said he could only find a Silver GT-R with a roof rack ($320 option).

He wants $35,473 for it but that is NOT the out the door price.

Oregon has a 0.5% Dealer Privilege tax, which he wants me to pay (i.e. he will not absorb it into his profit).
The 4 year title + registration fee is $456 (but ... I checked with ORegon DMV and that includes $150 in profit for him doing the registration).

So, out the door is $36,106.

After that I asked about my trade-in which he looked at earlier this week. It is a 2010 Subaru Forester with only 59,000 miles (but a 6"x6" scrape on the rear bumper). He will give me $7,500 off for my trade in.

I told him I'd think about it...
way too high..I paid $33,099 for a gray Reserve without any rebates.

A dealership in my area quoted me $36,795 out the door for a 2019 Signature, and said shed match a lower offer. Now, I just need to find a lower offer!

I agree. They are supposed to beat dealer pricing. Dunno what a dealer would do, but backing out his profits:

$150 profit for the 4 year title - I'm sure it takes them 5 or 10 minutes to do it on a computer link to DMV, so we could make it $130...
$145 on me paying his Dealer Privilege tax
$1,500 over dealer invoice (an estimate) - he has to get it from fleet sales dept. of a Mazda dealer so could be less

Then he will make a tidy profit on my Subaru trade-in also.

Back