Prices paid for 2019 CX5

Over the weekend, I bought a 2019 Deep Crystal Blue Signature with 0.9% APR. San Bernardino county, California.
Car price: 33,747 (Maybe due to month and quarter end, the prices were low. I was amazed to see the price, originally went in for GTR but then bought signature ;)
GAP :450
Document fee:85
DMV fees: 476
Sales tax: Doesn't remember exact amount but it is 7.75% of the car price.
Was able to get 3 free oil changes for free.

What you guys think about the price?
Let me know.

Last edited:
Over the weekend, I bought a 2019 Deep Crystal Blue Signature with 0.9% APR. San Bernardino county, California.
Car price: 33,747 (Maybe due to month and quarter end, the prices were low. I was amazed to see the price, originally went in for GTR but then bought signature ;)
GAP :450
Document fee:85
DMV fees: 476
Sales tax: Doesn't remember exact amount but it is 7.75% of the car price.
Was able to get 3 free oil changes for free.

What you guys think about the price?
Let me know.

Was that out of the door price including taxes and fees?

Asking yourself a question?!? Hmmm...

Spam to follow...

With no rebates, it's about the lowest you should shoot for (10%). With rebates, you left a lot on the table. Don't care about location (just getting that out there for the thousandth time).

You know he didn't indicate if he had any rebates or not, so that is a good point.

Like I said it's not a bad price or discount, but agree, can do more.

Is the 10% off MSRP including the doc fee?

No, the selling price of the vehicle off of MSRP, nothing else included besides destination.

The doc fee is a variable for all, kind of like taxes...

A doc fee is straight profit for a dealer, i.e. BS charges, so handle it how you wanna...

No, the selling price of the vehicle off of MSRP, nothing else included besides destination.

The doc fee is a variable for all, kind of like taxes...

A doc fee is straight profit for a dealer, i.e. BS charges, so handle it how you wanna...

Yeah talk about a total scam.

Doc fee. "So you mean to tell me it cost you $100, $500, whatever to print out a document for me to sign?"

With no rebates, it's about the lowest you should shoot for (10%). With rebates, you left a lot on the table. Don't care about location (just getting that out there for the thousandth time).

I couldn't get rebate as I opted for 0.9% promotional APR. You can choose only one of them.

In the market for a 2019 GT Reserve in Crystal Blue. Looking at the local inventory, it looks like there are some models with no options and some with the roof side rails. I will be paying cash for the car. I would like to negotiate with local dealers using an out the door dollar price. I am located in Cincinnati, OH (sales tax is 7%). What would be a good out the door total to provide the dealer? Appreciate any feedback.

For a 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve (White exterior) at MSRP of $36,115, is it possible to get it for $32,000 OTD? State is MD (6% tax).

For a 2019 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve (White exterior) at MSRP of $36,115, is it possible to get it for $32,000 OTD? State is MD (6% tax).

No. Sounds like best you can expect right now is 10% off MSRP, which gets you around $33k but then it goes right back up with taxes and fees.

No. Sounds like best you can expect right now is 10% off MSRP, which gets you around $33k but then it goes right back up with taxes and fees.

Should I wait until the end of the month? If anyone has an idea when 2020 Mazda CX-5 is coming out, maybe I can use that during negotiation. My target is still $32,000 OTD on CX-5 GT-R but feel free to criticize me for being unrealistic. I'd love to hear and welcome other buyers of their experience or negotiation approach.

Should I wait until the end of the month? If anyone has an idea when 2020 Mazda CX-5 is coming out, maybe I can use that during negotiation. My target is still $32,000 OTD on CX-5 GT-R but feel free to criticize me for being unrealistic. I'd love to hear and welcome other buyers of their experience or negotiation approach.

Looks like you're wanting to pay $30k selling price for the car + taxes + fees = $32k OTD. You're wasting your time bringing up a 2020 at this point in the game...

That would be 16ish% off of MSRP basically. What rebates do you qualify for to get here? How much is the Customer Cash to all buyers? How far is your buying parameter?

It CAN be done, it's what I'd be looking at paying right now, but it's gonna be tough, and put you in a class of your own. Welcome aboard...LOL

Last edited:
I paid invoice and got $1250 in rebates. Dunno what it came out to.

Invoice is about 3.9% off MSRP on a GT-R. $1250 would be about another 3ish%, for a total of about 7ish%...

Gotta love Invoice!

I know you enjoy your new GT-R (all that matters in the long run...)

Invoice is about 3.9% off MSRP on a GT-R. $1250 would be about another 3ish%, for a total of about 7ish%...

Gotta love Invoice!

I know you enjoy your new GT-R (all that matters in the long run...)

I'm happy with that. They over-allowed on my trade, gave me 9200 for it, and had t o put in 1.5k to get it lot ready. That comes to near KBB pp.

That's unrealistic.

$32,000 for the price of the car itself? Yeah it's possible if you qualify for Loyalty Discount, Military Discount, etc. and negotiate.

But out the door?

No way.

No one knows when the 2020's will show up but if we go by when the 2019 turbo CX5 showed up stateside, most likely Nov/Dec at the absolute earliest (even then only a few dealers in the US took orders for inventory still in transit).

Wasn't until Jan/Feb when other dealers in the U.S. actually started to get inventory.

Last edited:
Back