• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

"Premium DSP Upgrade" Inspired by Musicar Northwest; Anyone tried this?

Hey all!

I have a 2017 Mazda CX 5 w/ Bose Upgrade. Has anyone tried to do a DSP install to retain factory speakers? I have an Axxess AX DSP from my old car that I would love to use, but it has RCA outputs only. Could I remove those RCA connectors and just use the +/- wires To wire back into factory speakers?

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
the product:

is a Digital Sound Processor (it manipulates audio).

Are you expecting it to accept the high level speaker signal AFTER the BOSE amp and pass that signal in it's amplified form to the speakers? That is not going to work.

at a high level you would process the signal as such:

STEREO --> DSP (BOSE amp gone) --> amplifier(s)

this post might be of interest in your journey:

:
Mazda CX-5
First, Blose is not an upgrade.

MNAO told me the Blose "tuning" is in the Blose amp. The OEM speakers, if typical Blose, need some eq to come close to full range response. They don't need the exaggerated shelving below 100 Hz and at 3500 and up and the volume and speed based variable eq.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but a new amp and speakers will get you quality sound.

:
cx-5
First, Blose is not an upgrade.

MNAO told me the Blose "tuning" is in the Blose amp. The OEM speakers, if typical Blose, need some eq to come close to full range response. They don't need the exaggerated shelving below 100 Hz and at 3500 and up and the volume and speed based variable eq.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, but a new amp and speakers will get you quality sound.
Audio is very subjective especially in a car. I‘ve had many different upgraded systems and I find the Mazda Bose to be very good quality and a definite upgrade over stock. I have also spent thousands on aftermarket upgrades before carmakers started focusing more on sound so I have no problem with anyone wanting to change to suite their tastes but I don’t care for audio snobs looking down their noses at the rest of us.
Oh, and you spelled Bose wrong. You should fix that.

Latest posts

Weekly Poll: Interested in the new Mazda3?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I’d prefer a CX-30

Votes: 2 20.0%