Powertrain Control Module - Special Service Campaign

:
2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto
Just had this letter through the door. Includes "Your vehicle is now required to be installed with the very latest and improved engine calibration software. Software will also be installed to enhance the accelerator response as well as provide engine noise reduction." More Zoom Zoom and less DPF regenerations plus better economy perhaps?

Be interested to find out more about this. Exactly what the enhancement does, wojld be good to know! Pls Let us know if you get more info.

Not heard anything here in Aus yet...

I presume so. I will ask what the new calibration is supposed to do. (If the tech knows that is)(dunno)

Well, surprise surprise. No one knew what the update does, only that it needs to be carried out as it shows up on the computer. The engine seems smoother with slightly more oomph and the auto box changes are smoother. One thing that is definitely different is that the maintenance interval now monitors the oil quality and there are no other options listed such as mileage intervals etc. I suppose this makes sense due to regens possibly diluting the oil.

Hmmmm interesting. My last service was only 3500km ago so will be quite a time until next one is due. I will ask then if i dont hear anything in the meantime.

Is there a way to check which pcm software version is running? Somewhere on the infotainment system?

No, all I can get is the infotainment system version. I presume you need an OBD lead and Mazda dealer computer for that. Like you say, try asking anyway if there's an update.

Thanks!

Ive sent a email off to Mazda HQ in Au asking if they have any info about this, and if it will apply here. Will update when I get a reply.

It brings the earlier models nearer to the post 17 in terms of emissions. I suspect the wording is a gloss over of the fact they didn*t quite meet published figures.

It brings the earlier models nearer to the post 17 in terms of emissions. I suspect the wording is a gloss over of the fact they didn*t quite meet published figures.

I greatly respect your views Anchorman - did you get that info from Mazda sources?

Back