• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!

Power window switch replacement (with auto fold switch)

Hello guys, I have replaced power window switch on the driver side (the one with manual folding knob with auto-folding switch; basically the PW switch has been replaced by the one which comes with M6 model 2017 and above).

Everything works as expected - except auto-folding when doors are locked and unlocked. I know it's bummer (uhm) but that will not stop me :)

How it works now:
press switch for manual folding - OK
press switch for manual un-folding - OK
switch in "auto" position - mirror is automatically unfolded when ignition is ON or engine started - OK
switch in "auto" position - mirror is automatically unfolded when doors are unlocked - NOT OK
switch in "auto" position - mirror is automatically folded when doors are locked - NOT OK

I'm quite sure that 2017 model has somehow connection between lock actuator and power window switch, which older model hasn't. But unfortunately I didn't find any good wiring diagrams of 2017 models... only for 2014 which is somehow useless, since it has not mirror auto-folding description. Does any one of you have an idea about 2017 model wiring diagram or info about how the lock is connected with PW switch?

I know there is an original retrofit auto-folding kit for older models <2016, but I wanted to do more precious with original switch from face-lifted model.

Thanks for any hint where to look.

BTW. I have found some Japanese info how to do it for switch which has auto-open/close Function For Driver-side only but I have for all windows and it has different cabling.

Last edited:

Who has a CX-5 and a Miata?

• Yes, an ND MX-5 Miata

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Yes, an Older Gen MX-5 Miata

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Yes, more than one actually...

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No but I'm in the market for one...

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 50.0%