Power-seat noise

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Wow.. Seems they don't just sell just the motor. They sell it as the power section of the seat. Mazda wants over a grand just for the part. Found an online site wanting half that but still seems VERY expensive. Anyone use a site or know a good place for these types of parts? Thanks
Not surprised about the one grand on list price for the whole power seat bottom mechanism and there's no separate parts available when tibimakai mentioned his dealer had to replace the whole thing under warranty. Thats why I said earlier this problem is an expensive repair waiting to happen to my CX-5!

Really wish we can see the whole TSB document on this issue and we can call Mazda North American Opetations seeking for some compensation on expensive parts as this problem definitely is caused by the design flaw or inferior parts.

This seems to be like 2016 LED DRL problem happening again, which would cost us money dearly!

:
K2500 Diesel Suburban; 2016 CX5 GT
Not surprised about the one grand on list price for the whole power seat bottom mechanism and there's no separate parts available when tibimakai mentioned his dealer had to replace the whole thing under warranty. Thats why I said earlier this problem is an expensive repair waiting to happen to my CX-5!

Really wish we can see the whole TSB document on this issue and we can call Mazda North American Opetations seeking for some compensation on expensive parts as this problem definitely is caused by the design flaw or inferior parts.

This seems to be like 2016 LED DRL problem happening again, which would cost us money dearly!

Searching around I found a dealer selling the part for $370. KD5188AF0A02. Still expensive but much better. I'm going to wait until it fails before doing mine. Just wanted to share with those needing it.

Great video. Bought all the parts you did for about the same price. Took less than 1/2 hour to replace. No more annoying, and embarrassing, screech.

Attachments

• MazdaSeatNoise_Link.JPG
    MazdaSeatNoise_Link.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 63
:
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
Can't see the video ... Only a frowny face :-(

Anyone have a link?
It's on youtube - maybe it's blocked for you? Here's the link with a space after the http:

http ://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=nO2NnSMOxpE

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
Can't see the video ... Only a frowny face :-(

Anyone have a link?

video title:
Mazda Power Seat Noise Remedy

video poster: Joe

video link: (notice the extra space after v= ); i did this so you can copy/paste then remove space in hopes the forum doesnt clobber the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= nO2NnSMOxpE

:
Southwest Ohio
:
'19 CX-5 diesel
Thanks for video link help. I can see it now :) .

My '16.5 cx5 touring just a few weeks ago started this same squealing business on the driver seat. Seat is rarely moved (wife's daily driver and I don't get in it much). It was a cold day when I moved it at it squealed loudly. I tried it again just a few days ago when it was warm out and it still squealed but not as loud. That video helped quite a bit! Thanks to the man who made it :)

So, Average Joe, how did you find the part number for the drive cable? I looked everywhere and none of the parts breakdowns took it any further than the seat base assembly. It's great that you included the part number for the drive cable in your video, it was very helpful and my local dealer had one in stock, but I'm curious for the future....

I searched for a very long time and finally came across a technical service bulletin. I would be hard pressed to identify where I found that TSB but I remember that it is where I was finally able to identify the specific part.

Attachments

• TSB_SI108167.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
Great! I did the repair yesterday and it went fast and easy and it's now much quieter.

I kind of wonder whether there is a design deficiency, though, because it seems like the drive cable needs to bend down to a lower axis fairly quickly at the right side (toward the passenger side) of the bracket to fit into the gear box. It seems that if that were a more gradual curve it would put less side stress on the cable and also on the gear box. Just my thoughts...

Anyway, thanks for your help with it all!

Jim

I followed the video and the Technical Service Bulletin TSB 09-011/17 in this post. I used a Torx socket CRV-E12 and a screwdriver bent at the end to lift the centre clip.

The job took 15 minutes.

Thank you for your information, after over a year thinking what it could be. Cheers