Power seat grinding noise?

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
My power seat seems to make a grinding noise and vibration that can be felt - mostly when lowering it from a raised position. The noise/sensation doesn't really seem to be out of the ordinary when moving in any of the other axis's (technically the plural of axis is axes, but that didn't look right).

Yep...I was about to post something similar. Today just received a CX-5 GTR and noticed the same weird noise. Kinda odd for the pricetag.

Upvote 0
Can someone else check their seat and confirm this? What year? It's not subtle, but a real sound and vibration that just seems off. I may take my own advice and go to the dealer and see if others act the same way?

Upvote 0
Saw some videos on Youtube about noises from Mazda power seat.
There is a gear/cable that might need attention.
If yours is under warranty, you might want to let dealers take care of it.

Mine is out of warranty. If this happens to mine, I will check it out myself.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Just wanted to know if the noise was normal typical. Yes, it's a 2020. And as I mentioned, anytime a dealer tells you "it's supposed to be like that" - ask to see another model if it exhibits the same behavior

Upvote 0
It's really hard to discern. The 1st 2 are forward and back, the 3rd is down, which is where I notice it. As said, it's not just the sound, but a noticeable vibration feeling

Hell yeah! That's exactly the sound on my 21 GTR but NO vibrations. Now, I just rented a 21 Touring from the detailing guys and has pretty much the same noise with some vibrations when the driver seat goes back and down.

Upvote 0
@hal2, mine also sounds like that for some range of movement. After that, it gets quieter. Maybe I should create a audio file to share also.

Upvote 0
Back