Potential new CX-9 owner, have a question

Is NAV part of the Premium Package? I was looking at a Touring model w/Premium Package but it didn't look like NAV was included in that. I also did not see NAV listed as a separate option on the Mazda site. Did I miss it or maybe the packages changed for 2020 MY?
Navigation is included with the cx9. Its just the sd card that the dealer has to put in. And then you get 3 years free of map updates.

^^^ Interesting, if true. When I look at the comparisons on the Mazda site, it doesn't show Navigation is included on Touring and Sport trims nor does it look like you can add it as an option. It does show as being standard on GT and Sig models.

My dealer told me the touring and grand touring the difference was wheels, heads up display, active front lighting system, interior less, black headliner, Bose sound system standard, heated steering wheel, cooled seats, heated rear seats. No mention of navigation. I personally have not used the factory navigation as I’m using CarPlay the whole time anyway. I tried the factory navigation once and it worked fine but I prefer Waze and google maps.

Yeah, most likely we would use CarPlay as we rarely use the in-dash nav in our current cars anyway but it's interesting to know what you may or may not be getting. I would think that navigation would at least be an option in the lower trims, but maybe not.

The comparison (below) on the Mazda site looks to be comparisons of the bare minimum levels of each trim.

I looked at it and it’s very vague. I was in a touring model and it had the sd card slot so I guessed it had navigation and dealer just needs to put in the card. Not sure what the price difference is between the touring and the GT is by you but wasn’t much of a difference to me and to get a lot more equipment made me go for the GT. My first Mazda and am very pleased. I see myself becoming a brand loyalist now as the vehicle is awesome. A lot of bang for the buck.

^^^ At MSRP, it's around $3.5K difference for AWD models; MSRP is all the local dealers advertise - maybe that's a Mazda thing. Touring w/Premium Package is about $41K vs $44.5K for GT w/o options. I haven't actually made any inquiries, yet - just doing the research now.

I would drive both of them as the touring has 18inch wheels and GT has 20inch wheels. See which one you like the drive better and see what deals they are pulling. See if the added features of the GT is worth it to you. I love my GT. Looks so classy. Love the black headliner and all led interior lighting. No need to upgrade. HUD is sweet and when it shows stop signs and speed limit that’s a added benefit. Headlights are awesome and when they move with the steering wheel it’s pretty awesome for a vehicle in this price point. I can keep naming a bunch of differences but the big thing is if it matters to you.

I'll have to take a look at the headliner difference you're mentioning - that didn't catch my eye when we were looking at them. I'm actually not worried about the ride quality differences between the 18s and 20s as I would probably opt for an aftermarket set-up anyway. The HUD is cool but I know my wife will comment too much on how fast I am driving if she can see it that easily so... :)

I'll have to take a look at the headliner difference you're mentioning - that didn't catch my eye when we were looking at them. I'm actually not worried about the ride quality differences between the 18s and 20s as I would probably opt for an aftermarket set-up anyway. The HUD is cool but I know my wife will comment too much on how fast I am driving if she can see it that easily so... :)
Passengers can not see how fast your going. It projects so only you can see it and possibly someone sitting behind you can see it at certain angles. I like how it notifies you of the blind spot monitoring in there. Less having to move your eyes.
take a look at all the differences and see if it’s worth it to you and also see what prices dealers are coming up with.

Is NAV part of the Premium Package? I was looking at a Touring model w/Premium Package but it didn't look like NAV was included in that. I also did not see NAV listed as a separate option on the Mazda site. Did I miss it or maybe the packages changed for 2020 MY?

if you need to have the NAV but it doesn’t come with the trim you got, just purchase the SD card from Amazon for $90! Here in Cda, I just bought one for $89 CAD all in as my Mazda 6 GS (Sport) trim didn’t come with NAV SD card and dealer would have charged $500 for it...plugged in the SD card from Amazon, turned vehicle on in within a min the NAV display turned on and worked instantly! Even though mine came with AC/AA I like the Mazda built in NAV as it doesn’t require plugging my cell and it recognizes and warns you via audible alerts of you going over speed limits and red light cameras...

Back