Potential 2020 CX-5 Spotted in Mazda Hofu

Mazda and that damn infotainment system. Somehow, they found a way to make it worse by completely disabling touch on the lower models. Most cars in this segment that you might want don't, exactly, have the best infotainment, but when you look at a RAV4 with entune, and think, "well, it's better than Mazda Connect" that's kind of saying something.

I drive 20k/year with $4.00/gallon 87 gas. A signature / reserve just isn't going to happen.

The whole Mazda infotainment system is terrible. From the NAV system to the speed to the implementation of CarPlay. It is only when you drive another car - even something as bad as a Rogue do you realize how bad it is. And I feel for you. I was just in SF and had to pay $4.35 for gas. Scary price. I currently pay $2.15 where I live.

Mazda and that damn infotainment system. Somehow, they found a way to make it worse by completely disabling touch on the lower models. Most cars in this segment that you might want don't, exactly, have the best infotainment, but when you look at a RAV4 with entune, and think, "well, it's better than Mazda Connect" that's kind of saying something.

I drive 20k/year with $4.00/gallon 87 gas. A signature / reserve just isn't going to happen.

Mazda does not want people being distracted by having to lean forward, take their eyes off the road, and poke around on a screen trying to touch tiny buttons. It's distracting and dangerous. Using the command knob is a much superior and more intuitive process. People only knock it because they're used to the clunkier touchscreen setups in other brands. I've gotten to where I can switch functions just by feel, never even having to look at the screen.

No one seems to criticize the similar knob controls on BMW and Audi

Mazda does not want people being distracted by having to lean forward, take their eyes off the road, and poke around on a screen trying to touch tiny buttons. It's distracting and dangerous. Using the command knob is a much superior and more intuitive process. People only knock it because they're used to the clunkier touchscreen setups in other brands. I've gotten to where I can switch functions just by feel, never even having to look at the screen.

I do. Very few luxury cars get infotainment right from my perch in the cheap seats. I think it*s arguable that they*re worse than the average infotainment in a $20k car in many cases. I see nothing in the virtual cockpit that*s worth what Audi charges for it.

Mazda should immediately replace their marketing team or contract. The designers and engineers have done their job, the marketing side has not. All of the Mazda television/video ads I have seen have been terrible.

IDK, the more I drive our 2019, the more alive I feel. (wiggle)

Agreed 100%. All makes should be made the same. It*s time people stopped messing with audio and phones while driving.

We need less touchscreen in our lives. Even the US Navy blamed the touchscreen controls for the collisions they had and are switching to more mechanical controls. I haven't had to touch the screen on our 2016 CX-5's infotainment system since a few weeks after buying it.

We need less touchscreen in our lives. Even the US Navy blamed the touchscreen controls for the collisions they had and are switching to more mechanical controls. I haven't had to touch the screen on our 2016 CX-5's infotainment system since a few weeks after buying it.

Interesting point, and you are right: https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-49319450

That said, I sure see a lot of car infotainment systems moving towards touchscreens. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, to name just a few.

Moving to Touch screens? They're moving to voice control. See the latest Mercedes commercials where the driver asks to make it cooler.

Back on topic... 2020 CX-5s get the new heads up display from the redesigned 3(seen in the above commercial)? We've heard in North America, possibly the addition of Paddle shifters?

Given we see in the pics 2020s are already past Job#1 and are being produced, why can't Mazda North America confirm the features so buyers can decide if the 2020 is worth the wait or pull the plug on a 2019?

I thought it was confirmed. The GTR and Signature get a larger 8" screen. Paddle shifters on the wheel for GT, GTR and Signature. I didn't know about the improved heads up display.

Hope Mazda has some kind of plan for 2020. The CX-5 sales are going to get cannibalized by the RAV4/CRV Hybrids. Toyota is also coming out with a PHEV RAV4 next year. Gas is almost $4 here and since most people live in urban areas where gas prices are usually higher, MPG matters. Dont know why they just didnt decide to build a hybrid instead of this SkyActiv-X stuff. People dont want to be early adopters to this kind of tech.

Hope Mazda has some kind of plan for 2020. The CX-5 sales are going to get cannibalized by the RAV4/CRV Hybrids. Toyota is also coming out with a PHEV RAV4 next year. Gas is almost $4 here and since most people live in urban areas where gas prices are usually higher, MPG matters. Don*t know why they just didn*t decide to build a hybrid instead of this SkyActiv-X stuff. People don*t want to be early adopters to this kind of tech.

why would people living in urban areas care more about mpg?...they should be driving less. Personally, I live in a rural area, but only drive 8-10k miles a year. MPG is meaningless to me. A 10 MPG difference would save me $200 a year..give me the turbo all day long.

i'm going to say, that the nav system and HUD will be the same OS as the current 2019's.

Moving to Touch screens? They're moving to voice control. See the latest Mercedes commercials where the driver asks to make it cooler.

Back on topic... 2020 CX-5s get the new heads up display from the redesigned 3(seen in the above commercial)? We've heard in North America, possibly the addition of Paddle shifters?

Given we see in the pics 2020s are already past Job#1 and are being produced, why can't Mazda North America confirm the features so buyers can decide if the 2020 is worth the wait or pull the plug on a 2019?

why would people living in urban areas care more about mpg?...they should be driving less. Personally, I live in a rural area, but only drive 8-10k miles a year. MPG is meaningless to me. A 10 MPG difference would save me $200 a year..give me the turbo all day long.

More like a 20 MPG difference between the Turbo and the Hybrid. Youre essentially getting twice as much distance in one tank by getting the Hybrid over the Turbo. And the city driving matters because Hybrids offer better fuel economy when driving in the city vs highway. That and both of these vehicles have larger interiors and the RAV doesnt use a Turbo which will likely result in better long term reliability.

The tagline is fine. It's the ads themselves.

You are in the minority here. Very few of us like that. It's not even remotely memorable.

Zoom Zoom (drive)
Driving Matters (drive2)
Feel Alive (puke)

More like a 20 MPG difference between the Turbo and the Hybrid. You*re essentially getting twice as much distance in one tank by getting the Hybrid over the Turbo. And the city driving matters because Hybrids offer better fuel economy when driving in the city vs highway. That and both of these vehicles have larger interiors and the RAV doesn*t use a Turbo which will likely result in better long term reliability.

Yeah, and young people like doing things that (appear) are more eco friendly.

Back