Post what you paid for your Mazda6

2017 Mazda6 GT: 28,185 + tax/tags (0% financing, I was originally quoted 27,685 with standard financing)

Bought new end of December, 2017 Mazda6 GT, no premium package, machine grey: $27,595 without tax or licensing.

2016 Mazda 6 i Touring. Bought October 10, 2015. Paid $26,786.87 after tax, title, and license. I got $5,500.00 for my trade (2008 Mazda3) and put $1,000.00 down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow seems like overpaid though according to KBB I got a good deal, I guess in my area lol

2015 GT w/ Tech Package (not sure if that comes standard in GT), 17500 miles on her for $24200 total out here in California. Still have factory warranty for a couple more years. Newest car I've ever owned and I love it.

2004 black/black Mazda 6s Hatchback v6 engine, bought brand new with about 6 miles on her (in March of 2004) for 26,000 all in. Top package, sport, with in dash 6cd changer (currently not working), Bose audio, leather, power driver seat, sunroof, etc.
Still have her, 13 years later 188K runs great.... looking to sell as I just got a cx5, but I love her too much!

Last edited:
2017 Mazda 6 Touring manual, new, 14 miles on ODO
$22,340 base price, including Soul Red upcharge
$23,400 after accessories

No trade-in. I did the 0% Mazda financing plus $500 cash back.

This is my first new car purchase. Some notes on the sales experience:

1. The price "negotiation" was nonexistent. I am a USAA member and the dealer is a USAA Certified dealer. They matched the USAA/TrueCar price over the phone without hesitation. I feel this saved me a lot of back and forth heartache BS.

2. Before going in, I had them email me the itemized quote. When I went in to close the deal, they played what I suppose were some typical games. Oh, John isn't here right now, let me start your paperwork. Now lets add those accessories. Oh, here's John, John you can start some new paperwork over there. Oh, this simple online sales tax calculator is so hard to get the right number! I hope I don't make you impatient, and make you miss a number somewhere...

I met with 3 different people, got presented an itemized quote in about 5 different ways. For each new form they threw at me, I checked it against their initial email quote. Their numbers were off once or twice and I had to correct them.

3. I told the manager, look I am spending $1,000 on accessories. Can you cut me a deal? He said no, implying they don't get any kind of discount/deal on the accessories they buy? It sounded like pure BS but I wasn't walking out over it.

4. My salesman was great and accommodated 2 return trips to the dealership and all sorts of requests and test drives. No sales pressure, just a good guy with a good wit. Curiously, he was not involved in any of the numbers games. I knew there was a reason I liked him.

5. F&I was typical. They wanted to sell me 8 things which would have added $150/mo to my 60mo loan. !!! I was interested in 1 thing. I drug my feet on it and he instantly cut the price in half. These have to be pure profit centers for a dealership.

Last edited:
Looking for a new M6 Touring automatic with the tech package in Soul Red with a rear spoiler. What have you guys payed for this??

Last edited:
Update in case anyone stumbles into this ghost town. No one goes in these Mazda websites it seems. Im in a Tundra group site and there are people posting every day!! At least a page a day. Anyway, I pulled the trigger and got a Soul RED M6 touring AT with the premium touring package(tech package) and a rear spoiler for 26,900$ Out the Door with a4 year maintenence plan as well. Cant wait to put the rims and springs on and get it tinted. Ill post pics when its done!

IMO can't go wrong with any 6, no matter what you have to pay for one. Good car and the 2.5 is a great motor. I may grab a used one soon. I think by the time you up spec a 3, you may as well go for the 6. Personally I'd prefer a base 6 to a loaded 3, but I know some folks will feel differently. For me space is a luxury..

The 6 forum seems pretty dead. Some of the others are active though.

I stumbled across a 20% off deal on the site of one of the Mazda dealers in the region. Touring with moonroof and premium packages, $28,925 MSRP, paid $23,140. I originally did not want to spend the money on a new car and found a few CPOs with moonroof (a must have), but all for over $20k. So when I found this new one for $23k, plus the premium package which the others didn't have, it was a no brainer. This was the only car in the region listed for more than around 12% off sticker with the $2k rebate. I had only been looking on Autotrader but then I figured I'd go on each dealer site that did not list their cars on Autotrader. So glad I spent the extra 10 minutes. Not my first choice in color but I can certainly live with it.

2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, Pearl White, 36k miles, $17,750.00. No technology package, so no adaptive cruise :(

2017 Mazda6 GT: 28,185 + tax/tags (0% financing, I was originally quoted 27,685 with standard financing)

FYI, there is no such thing as 0% financing. They get their cut by raising the price.
Look at any dealer ads for 0% financing. They quote a cash incentive, and then quote a higher price at 0% financing.
In some cases, the car lists for $3,000 MORE when you finance it.
It is actually costing you $3 grand to finance that car. That's hardly 0%.

In your case, the price of the car went up by $500. Again, that's not 0%.
No-one lends money for nothing. It's not free.

2017 touring manual red. $18,999 + TTL.
Discounts include $500 loyalty bonus as this is replacing my 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege.

2017 touring manual red. $18,999 + TTL.
Discounts include $500 loyalty bonus as this is replacing my 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege.

Nicely done! That's a smoking good price for a car that retails for ~$25K. How did you manage to negotiate $6K off list price? Is it new or used?

Nicely done! That's a smoking good price for a car that retails for ~$25K. How did you manage to negotiate $6K off list price? Is it new or used?

It's new. Had 7 miles on it. No port or dealer installed options.
I started with Costco auto. You submit a price request and a sales person from a participating dealer contacts you. In order to get an offer you need to physically go to the dealership and show your costco card. What I like is that you get all incentives including unadvertised ones.
As of late September there was 2500 national, 500 regional, 500 loyalty, and a 500 unadvertised dealer incentive. The Costco price was about 19,550 on a black one after all of that. I was talking with another dealer about 250 miles away who had an even lower price posted on cars.com and brought that up with the Costco dealer. They offered 18,999 for the black one if I bought by the next day, Saturday 9/30, because the dealership owner had offered a bonus to the staff if they sold a certain number of cars that month. I asked if they would do that price on the red one ($300 extra for red) and they said yes.
Very happy with the car so far.

Just bought a 2016 M6 Grand Touring with the tech package. Crystal blue mica. 13K miles with factory warranty plus the certified pre owned warranty package. Like new condition. $20,888!
So far the car is awesome!

Went looking for a Mazda 3, but a Presidents Day Sale offered 25% off a Mazda 6.
So we got a 2017 Mazda 6 GT for less than $27k out the door. Saved $8000 off of list.
Very pleased!

The Mazda6 is the perfect vehicle to pick up from Mazda right now since it's an outgoing year. I initially planned to get a 2017.5 Mazda6, so I started there in my negotiations a couple of weeks ago. I was able to get to $20306+TTL at 3 dealerships in SoCal on a Mazda6 2017.5 Touring edition. This included a $500 loyalty bonus, so the price is likely $500 higher for new Mazda owners.

We already have a Mazda6 (2010), and after test driving a CX-5 with the wife, she liked it and authorized some additional expenditure, so we picked up a 2018 CX-5 instead. I really do enjoy the 6, though.

Back