Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Where did you get that phone mount...seems like it is more for wide phones or mounting phone longways?

2019 CX5...Trailer hitch for bike rack.
Got it installed at Uhaul
$208-with lifetime warranty

5253B1BA-3A53-4B22-B51C-DBF174D1C935.jpeg

9D4D4D1D-BD26-451A-94F5-4754945CFC61.jpeg

Weren’t hard at all. You do have to splice, but, you can use scotchloks or t-locks and some water protectant. Very easy to do! I also direct wired the red wire to an add a fuse kit and found a keyed fuse source inside the hood fuse box so the lights act as a DRL instead of only coming on with the fogs.

Was really easy to do.

Taking the idea from kwalko (https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...nd-accessories.123834276/page-41#post-6606612) I decided to wood-effect vinyl wrap my interior trim.

Although I like the piano black of the console, it's a dust and doghair magnet and already has microscratches on it from wiping. Plus I do not like the silver painted dash and door trim panels. Kwalko did his in black ash effect, but I didn't want that and decided to look for a grayish "aged" wood-effect.

I struck out with the first vinyl I tried - VViViD Dark Vintage Wood - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). Although the description says "The most realistic vinyl film on the market", the reality was severely lacking. Just shiny fake wood look with little in the way of texture and obvious print color dots in the finish. So I sent that right back. Then I tried d-c-fix Sheffield Dark Oak and was MUCH happier - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). Much more realistic with better texture and far nicer print. You can see the texture in the top right of the shifter surround pic below, where the roll is stretched out.

I did the dash pieces and center console the 'right' way, pulling them all down to the individuals panels and wrapping each piece using heat around the edges and corners. But I really didn't want to go to the hassle of doing that with the doors, so I surface applied and tucked in the edges from the front. Looks OK and I hope it won't peel, but I can always redo those bits properly later, if it does fail.

So, very happy with the outcome. Looks as good as many cars out there with real wood veneer that look like plastic (yes, I'm talking to you Alfa Romeo) so I couldn't ask for more :). Here's a couple of photos:

Dash_post.jpg
Shifter_post.jpg

Weren’t hard at all. You do have to splice, but, you can use scotchloks or t-locks and some water protectant. Very easy to do! I also direct wired the red wire to an add a fuse kit and found a keyed fuse source inside the hood fuse box so the lights act as a DRL instead of only coming on with the fogs.

Was really easy to do.
Did you pop the front out fascia our or did you go through the wheel well and bottom? Should be buttoning mine up tomorrow. Ran out of wiring loom so will be picking some up tomorrow.

Taking the idea from kwalko (https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/ind...nd-accessories.123834276/page-41#post-6606612) I decided to wood-effect vinyl wrap my interior trim.

Although I like the piano black of the console, it's a dust and doghair magnet and already has microscratches on it from wiping. Plus I do not like the silver painted dash and door trim panels. Kwalko did his in black ash effect, but I didn't want that and decided to look for a grayish "aged" wood-effect.

I struck out with the first vinyl I tried - VViViD Dark Vintage Wood - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). Although the description says "The most realistic vinyl film on the market", the reality was severely lacking. Just shiny fake wood look with little in the way of texture and obvious print color dots in the finish. So I sent that right back. Then I tried d-c-fix Sheffield Dark Oak and was MUCH happier - https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). Much more realistic with better texture and far nicer print. You can see the texture in the top right of the shifter surround pic below, where the roll is stretched out.

I did the dash pieces and center console the 'right' way, pulling them all down to the individuals panels and wrapping each piece using heat around the edges and corners. But I really didn't want to go to the hassle of doing that with the doors, so I surface applied and tucked in the edges from the front. Looks OK and I hope it won't peel, but I can always redo those bits properly later, if it does fail.

So, very happy with the outcome. Looks as good as many cars out there with real wood veneer that look like plastic (yes, I'm talking to you Alfa Romeo) so I couldn't ask for more :). Here's a couple of photos:

View attachment 222200View attachment 222201

Hard to tell from photos, but, if that matches the signature wood veneer, I’d be very interested in that. I’m also not a fan of the piano black.
I may wind up just going with a flat black.

Hard to tell from photos, but, if that matches the signature wood veneer, I’d be very interested in that. I’m also not a fan of the piano black.
I may wind up just going with a flat black.

Mine has more 'grain' than the signature trim and is more of a gray-brown color, rather than just dark brown. I think it actually looks more like real wood, in fact (ducks and covers). But there are other vinyls available that may well match. (Attached photo below of signature dash).

Nice job Red. I don't have the patience, to do such a job.

It was actually pretty easy. The dash parts in particular were straightforward... just unclip the two dash assemblies and unplug, then 1/2 a dozen screws hold the silver-painted strips to back of the dash pieces, so it's easy to separate them.

The worst bit was the shifter surround, and the worst bit of THAT was getting it out of the car so I could take it apart. I followed the Mazda pdfs and took the shifter knob off, but doing it again, I'd probably pull the boot frame out from under the surround (clips and two screws) - though you'd have to wrangle it around a bit to get access to the screws.

2019-Mazda-CX-5-Signature-interior.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recommendations for quality push-on/bolt-on exhaust tips? Bought some from aliexpress that say CX-5 skyactiv on them. They did look nice as they add some length and size to the stock tips, but after 2 months they're already starting to rust and tarnish

Does anyone have any recommendations for quality push-on/bolt-on exhaust tips? Bought some from aliexpress that say CX-5 skyactiv on them. They did look nice as they add some length and size to the stock tips, but after 2 months they're already starting to rust and tarnish

Metal polish will clean that right up.

Back