Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

I got my 2011 CWP Mazda 2 this week. I had the tint and wheels put on today.

Last edited:
Slick lookin wheels dude. What's the sizing on them? They must be 15's as it seems you put the stock tires on them.

Ya they are 15's x 7. I wanted to use the stock tires to get some use out of them, once they are worn out I'll switch to some wider summer performance tires.

Coilovers installed, header and exhaust installed, big barakes should be done this week

Attachments

• mazda2 lower.JPG
    mazda2 lower.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 1,649
A) The coilovers look disgusting, nice work.
B) That exhaust looks massive
C) could any of you fellow Mazda2 owners tell me where i can get a stubby antenna for my 2 that is NOT the CX-7 antenna? Please and thank you :)

Excellent work!!What was the power gain from the full exhaust?What is the diameter of the pipe?
Looks very nice with 17'(?) Kosei K1 ts but now needs power for these wheels.

What kind of coilovers are you running? Looks like a custom exhaust what's the diameter. I'd like to see some video to get a feel for how loud it would be.

C) could any of you fellow Mazda2 owners tell me where i can get a stubby antenna for my 2 that is NOT the CX-7 antenna? Please and thank you :)

The antenna I am thinking of using is the AutoExe stubby. Kinds of pricey but it works well.

-Derrick

OMG thank you so much for a response...seriously, lol. I was looking high and low for one but no luck. You have a link by chance to it? I'll do some searching but just in case :)

A VW "bee-sting" style antenna fits fine. Not exactly "stubby" at 19 inches long, but that's a lot shorter than the stock 30 inch antenna. One from a Mazda3 should as well, since they use the same threads.

I used the antenna from my dad's 2002 VW Golf as a test, and reception on AM and the lower half of the FM band (88-98 MHz) are slightly reduced compared to the stock Mazda2 antenna (but still pretty good), while reception on the upper half of FM (98-108 MHz) is actually better than with the stock antenna!

To help you measure the reception, the radio has a hidden signal strength meter, accessed by holding the power button and preset "2" button for about two seconds, then you'll see LEV-# on the display, where # is the signal strength from 1 (weakest) to 9 (strongest), although the highest I ever saw was 8 on FM and 6 on AM, even when tuned to very strong local signals. You can't change bands or use the presets when the signal strength meter is active, but you can use the up/down manual and seek tuning. The meter is cancelled when you turn off the radio.

header and exhaust

Please,give us some more info about the exhaust system you've developed.
What was the power gain.What diameter pipes were used?

Make a new topic for the stuff you develop because many people will be interested!!

Thanx in advance

Thanks for the awesome info.

I tried the antenna from a Mazda3, as well as an aftermarket antenna I had on my old 3 and even though the threads match up just fine, the base of the antenna overlaps the stock Mazda2 antenna base. That's the main part I dislike about it. The antenna from a Mazdaspeed3, Mazda CX-7 etc fits as well and even though it still overlaps the base, the rubber base part of the antenna acts kind of like a sheath per say which is a bit nicer I guess. Any who, if that's all I end up finding, I'll probably just go with the aftermarket antenna I had on my old 3 which was only about 3.5" long, meh.

3 wheel driving :D...

Here are some new pics my 2 :D... still stock :D

IMG_6726.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

i want to lower my 2 but cant find anything! im looking to also get splitters for it, exhaust system and induction kit! its a brand new 1.5 sport, 3 door! would appreciate the help guys!

i want to lower my 2 but cant find anything! im looking to also get splitters for it, exhaust system and induction kit! its a brand new 1.5 sport, 3 door! would appreciate the help guys!

If you're in the US, try www.corksport.com . They're doing some pretty awesome stuff with the 2011 Mazda2 they recently purchased and already have springs available for purchase :)

I can get header, exhaust and working on getting a sample of Simota's Carbon Fiber intake. Also working on suspension parts.

I can get header, exhaust and working on getting a sample of Simota's Carbon Fiber intake. Also working on suspension parts.

Oh snap, Protephile's in on the Mazda2 game. Rock on man. I bought my Simota SRI for my old 3 from you :)

Back