coolmazda5

Look Mom, A Real Clutch!
Contributor
:
2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package
I haven't posted a pic in years, still love the profile looks

attachment.php

WP_002559_small.jpg

I used to gag at the looks of the 2012+ models when they came out but that picture has changed my perceptions.

Me too, and had planned to get a MY10 until Mazda corporate offered me this one out of the press fleet for a great price, but now I think it looks better than the older body style. It's amazing what some simple changes can make

Agree that the back is a bit frumpy though. Still need to black out the logos.

Added a bike rack to the roof since this picture

phunky.buddha

Booga Booga?
:
DFW TX
:
No mo MZ5 want MX5
Still not sold on the rear, but everything else looking good.

Me too, and had planned to get a MY10 until Mazda corporate offered me this one out of the press fleet for a great price, but now I think it looks better than the older body style. It's amazing what some simple changes can make

Agree that the back is a bit frumpy though. Still need to black out the logos.

It's the taillights to me- since it's a hatchback, it just seems odd to split it in half with the horizontal lights. The 1st gen with the vertical lights was the way to go. It looks good on the Kia Soul, most minivans (not really), most vans... even the Focus hatch and wagon.

It's the taillights to me- since it's a hatchback, it just seems odd to split it in half with the horizontal lights. The 1st gen with the vertical lights was the way to go. It looks good on the Kia Soul, most minivans (not really), most vans... even the Focus hatch and wagon.

Many hatchbacks, wagons, and minivans have horizontal taillights, the problem for me is that they point down. But then again, I was never a big fan of the vertical lights on the older 5 either.

I wonder how difficult it would be to switch it back to the old lights? The hatch should be a bolt on, I think the rear 1/4 panels on this car are bolt on too. Can anyone do a photoshop? :) I recently got an offer from my dealer to come in for a 2014 and the cover showed a stormy blue colored 5, too bad its not reality, looked nice.

njaremka

Wiggity-Wack-O-Tack
Contributor
:
2011 MX5 GT
I wonder how difficult it would be to switch it back to the old lights? The hatch should be a bolt on, I think the rear 1/4 panels on this car are bolt on too. Can anyone do a photoshop? :) I recently got an offer from my dealer to come in for a 2014 and the cover showed a stormy blue colored 5, too bad its not reality, looked nice.

i think you would be changing out the whole rear end. is appearance worth that much to you?

:
2008 Mazda5 GT
i think you would be changing out the whole rear end. is appearance worth that much to you?
Beauty in the eye of the beholder argument has no ending. To me, it has always been and still is the swoopy sides that kill it. I can accept the grin, the horizontal tails is not too bad (still prefer vertical), and I like the refreshed interior more. I recall doing a 10 min MS Paint edit to remove the stilly sides and the car look 1000% better -IMO. I cannot accept those waves Curves = yes, waves = no. Why didnt Mazda just use pin strips like everyone else so I can rip it off.

Last edited:

njaremka

Wiggity-Wack-O-Tack
Contributor
:
2011 MX5 GT
i like everything except the front bumper and the tail lights and the interior... if it looked like our 2008 GT model, but had mazdaspeed3 suspension, SkyActiv engine, and manual tranmission, it would be perfect :D

:
Mazda 5, Sport
Even more impressive is that I did all this without my wife knowing (dance)

Unfortunately the skies got overcast today, so just went out and did a quickie shoot at a parking garage close by for now.

MY2013 Liquid Silver
Lowered on H&R springs
Mazdaspeed 3 wheels plastidipped anthracite gray
Window tint

9712214835_7f214ed7b8_b.jpg

9715446186_3bd5c05c1b_b.jpg

9712214233_3c8b0a9774_b.jpg

( Better to beg for forgiveness than ask permission..... )

You das man!

Last edited: