Post pics of your Mazda5

mmmm makes me want to look into getting the carbon fiber trim now :D, maybe i should also get some MazdaV.com sticker for my 5 too

They are pre-cut and come with instructions, not hard to install. I got them because of the sun always beaming off the metal parts and blinding me. Now no problems at all. Also i got a set of rear lips to install, will be doing them soon.

Last edited:
Winter Wheels & Tires Installed

Here she is all ready for Winter and the upcoming ski season...woo-hoo.
I run a set of Yokohama AVDs in winter on the OE wheels.
This year I purchased the fairing for the roof rack and it does cut down on the wind noise considerably. ....This was the best $80 mod I've installed to-date.
Anthony

Attachments

• IMGP2244.JPG
    IMGP2244.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 1,394
This year I purchased the fairing for the roof rack and it does cut down on the wind noise considerably. ....This was the best $80 mod I've installed to-date.
Anthony

what size AVDs did you get? stock size or did you get bigger profile tires?
and how much? i'm thinking about just getting 16 inch steelies...

what size AVDs did you get? stock size or did you get bigger profile tires?
and how much? i'm thinking about just getting 16 inch steelies...

I went wth the stock size 205x50R17s. They were expensive, about $165 a piece...but they're great on snow and ice....I have no regrets.
I thought of going with steelies, but in Calgary I run my winters from Oct-May so I couldn't stay on steelies for so long. I run another set of aftermarket wheels durng the summer months on the OE tires.
Anthony

I went wth the stock size 205x50R17s. They were expensive, about $165 a piece...but they're great on snow and ice....I have no regrets.
I thought of going with steelies, but in Calgary I run my winters from Oct-May so I couldn't stay on steelies for so long. I run another set of aftermarket wheels durng the summer months on the OE tires.
Anthony

Oct-May? (shocked), No wonder there were no weather issues preparing for the 88 Winter Olympics over there ;-)

I agree, steelies on a Mazda5 for such a long period of time would make me feel depressed (headshake

i had to fork out $955 for aftermarket alloys with snow tires for same reason. Nov to March on steelies would bum me out.

i had to fork out $955 for aftermarket alloys with snow tires for same reason. Nov to March on steelies would bum me out.

You're right....Have you ever seen a Mazda5 with 16" steelies....Looks like crap..In fact most cars with steelies look crappy. For a couple months I would be okay, but anything longer than that requires a set of alloys.
Anthony

guess that's what you get living in Calgary, eh?

i think i can count in one hand how many WEEKS i need the winter tire/steelies for us in Victoria.

guess that's what you get living in Calgary, eh?

i think i can count in one hand how many WEEKS i need the winter tire/steelies for us in Victoria.

Oh you're from the warm side of C'da....Lucky you.
I'm originally from Toronto where I'd run my winters from December to April...But in Calgary the weather gets very unpredictable from October so I play it safe and put the winter stuff on early....Hate to get caught in the snow with the wrong equipment.
Anthony

Dang. I'd be plowing slow if my front end was that low. (doh)

Anthony

Dang. I'd be plowing snow if my front end was that low. (doh)

I don't need to use the Mazda5 daily so it's not a concern for me. If the snow is heavy we use the wife's MPV and I tend to use my 323GT more often in the winter. But you're right, it is something I have to be aware of, especially with the front lip.
Anthony

(sad1) I wish I had that option. My 5 is all I have. (outie)

I don't need to use the Mazda5 daily so it's not a concern for me. If the snow is heavy we use the wife's MPV and I tend to use my 323GT more often in the winter. But you're right, it is something I have to be aware of, especially with the front lip.
Anthony

Anthony

Can't remember if asked you or not but where did you get your lip? Did you order it from that ebay guy? Sorry if I'm asking twice...(shrug)

Can't remember if asked you or not but where did you get your lip? Did you order it from that ebay guy? Sorry if I'm asking twice...(shrug)

I got mine from a buddy on the mpvclub forum, however he has been MIA for the past few weeks. Another fellow on this forum purchased from the ebay seller. The price was almost the same as what I paid, and it seems to be the same part. I would suggest you go to ebay if you want to get it in a hurry.
Anthony

My 5 cleaned and waxed for winter.

Here is my 2006 in black, ready for winter except tires..waiting till Nov for them !

Attachments

• Mazda5.jpg
    Mazda5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 663
Back