Possible for vacuum leak to cause engine oil to be sucked into combustion chamber?

@Maxx Mazda, as I mentioned I'm not losing any coolant, and neither my oil or coolant are cross-contaminated so I'm not seeing how this could be the problem?

@Maxx Mazda, as I mentioned I'm not losing any coolant, and neither my oil or coolant are cross-contaminated so I'm not seeing how this could be the problem?

So? A bad head gasket doesn't have to allow coolant and oil to mix. If the gasket collapsed around one of the oil galleries it can allow either oil directly into the cylinder, (however you'd likely see only one cylinder full of oil) or more likely allow combustion pressure into the crankcase which will force oil into all sorts of places its not supposed to be.

Your PCV setup might not do anything. It's not a "breather" like the old V8's of lore. It needs vacuum from the intake manifold (those two nipples) to pull air through the valve cover (air is sucked in through the tube connected to intake piping.)

Back