2007~2015 Possible Engine Leak 3.7L

:
2009 CX-9 Touring AWD
Right near the engine mount bracket I've noticed this area looks damp with oil. Can you help identify what is going here? Oil and coolant levels are good, 108k.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

I am uncertain if that mount is a hydraulic mount or not. I've seen mounts that have fluid in them leak and that's kind of what looks like is going on. Can you wipe it clean and see if it comes back?

Could this be related to the water pump? Looks like it is at the top of the timing chain cover between the cylinder heads.

Ok so to answer the one question, yes that motor mount has fluid in it.

Also when my water pump went just the other day it dumped coolant right where you are looking. The weep hole for the water pump ejects right in that pocket.

I doubt it is oil coming out of the valve cover. My car had 185k on it and the valve cover seals were in perfect condition.

Check your oil, does it look milky at all? Does it have a coolant smell?

Oil is clean, I changed it myself about 800 miles ago. Oil that came out was ok, just darker but not milky. Coolant level looks good when at operating temperature.

I have a similar damp place. 2008 CX-9 mileage 180 thousand miles. Fluid changed 2 years ago. The condition of the coolant is good. I am often using sorawdzam oil and it is also clean. Where is the overflow plug in the engine block? Behind the alternator? Does anyone have any pictures, drawings, where is it exactly?

I don't think there is any oil leakage. The more the coolant. This is not from a water pump. I think it's the hydraulic cushion that leaks oil.

Back