Popping sound from driver side front area

:
2016.5 CX5 Touring
We have noticed that our CX5 sometimes makes a popping sound on smooth pavement when driving. Sometime it only does it when turning. Sometimes it sounds more like metal on metal. Could it be a loose strut or maybe a driveshaft issue? I never hear it at high speeds only pulling out of the driveway or turning.

2016.5 year with 68k miles. Anyone else came across this issue?

We have noticed that our CX5 sometimes makes a popping sound on smooth pavement when driving. Sometime it only does it when turning. Sometimes it sounds more like metal on metal. Could it be a loose strut or maybe a driveshaft issue? I never hear it at high speeds only pulling out of the driveway or turning.

2016.5 year with 68k miles. Anyone else came across this issue?

I've run into what sounds like a similar problem at 120k. For what it is worth, I eliminated the shocks as a source of the noise after replacing both and the respective mounts. One of the tower bolts on the left side was loose, however, which would've eventually been a problem.

The popping sound is still around and after listening from the outside while my girlfriend drove the car, it sounds a lot like a failing CV axle. I get the clicking noise mostly when I pull away from a dead stop, but as the problem has worsened I can hear it when I accelerate/decelerate at lower speeds.

If the pops/clicks go machine gun style (think tiktiktiktik), my bet would be that it's the CV axle. I'm replacing both of mine this weekend.

Back