PO442 Evap Leak - Solved

Thanks everyone for the tips. The p0442 code came on for me at around 76k miles on my 2014 Mazda 5. I reset the code and it came back on 100 miles later. I was able to blow a small amount of air through the purge valve. When I got the new one I tested it and could not blow air through. I decided to replace both the purge and vent valve since most of the online info I found said they replaced the vent valve. Hopefully the CEL stays off.

:
2015 Mazda 5 Sport
Thanks everyone for the tips. The p0442 code came on for me at around 76k miles on my 2014 Mazda 5. I reset the code and it came back on 100 miles later. I was able to blow a small amount of air through the purge valve. When I got the new one I tested it and could not blow air through. I decided to replace both the purge and vent valve since most of the online info I found said they replaced the vent valve. Hopefully the CEL stays off.
In case you haven't replaced the gas cap, you may wish to do that because the faulty cap can also screw up the pressure in the system and trigger codes.