Playing DVD's on OEM Navigation System?

:
2021 RDX A-Spec
Is anyone aware of a mod for the OEM navigation system to play DVDs??? I've been told stuff like that is common, but I haven't seen a mod for the CX-7 yet.

Puting this in tomorrow at noon. All it does is add video not sound. I'm also installing a FM mod with a power switch to run the sound. The navi video interface says to hook up a power line to the e-brake light and that is what kicks on the video over the navi. I'm hooking up the line to the switch of the FM mod as the FM mod when turned on will shut off the navi antena. (the car just sits where it is and spins). I'm hooking up a Zune for both recorded tv, music videos and just plain old music. But the only time I'll be using the FM mod is when the video interface is also on. For music i'll have the album cover display on the OME screen with the song name. I'll be posting pictures of the new system.

Let us know how it goes and looks. I'm really interested in how they hook up the switch, as it would be interesting to hook this up to say... heated seat switches or a custom switch in the control panel to the left.

Also, I'd like to know how the quality looks. This would be perfect for a Mac mini located in the glove box.

Mac mini would be nice. I could do the switch on the left of the wheel but I'm going to just hang it just under the dash cause I work at the Mazda dealership and I get a new car every year so I'll only be in this thing for another 4 months and then it on to the new CX-7.

Mac mini would be nice. I could do the switch on the left of the wheel but I'm going to just hang it just under the dash cause I work at the Mazda dealership and I get a new car every year so I'll only be in this thing for another 4 months and then it on to the new CX-7.

I can't wait for you to do this. Could you be a rockstar and take pictures of the process??? If you can get it to work, I might follow suit. Thanks!!!!

sorry no pictures yet, but its done and working great. We had some problems getting the switch to go back to navi to work but it works now. I'll get some pictures up soon. Just driving around watching "Cops". Best part is the display when music is playing, love to know the song name and see the album cover.

What functionality does the device have?

Are you piping a video source to the LCD and the associated audio to the stereo? Did you have to replace the AUX input for the stereo? If so, would it require the aftermarket AUX switcher in order to keep functionality of the AUX input (this might be specific to the Mazda3/Speed3)? How did you connect to the LCD? Is there a simple RCA hook up or is there something more complex? Is the remote RF? What does the wired switch look like?

I used the product that is listed in this thread. There is no AUX on the vehicle. The video is sent through the navi cord from the DVD drive, like i said earlier, and the audio is on a FM mod like I said earlier. The switch is like i said earlier, also. And yes it is more complex then just pluging it in. Read up on the problem people are having connecting just an Ipod. This is a fix for people who want to play music with a display that show the song name, the video display is just an added perk.

Back