Pics as Promised

Pics as promised of the AEM SRI and RB exhaust system

DSCF2687.jpg

DSCF2688.jpg

DSCF2690.jpg

DSCF2689.jpg

DSCF2691.jpg

Looking good. The pic of the rear end got me since my P5 is red also.I am so used to seeing the bumper protector pad on mine that I thought yours looked totally different.

those proxe 4's are getting replaced this spring with some yoko's as for the keys sitting on the paint don't worry they didn't do any harm. now what you looking at, because I didn't have a lift is that sweet 2.3 inch mandrel bent piping the exhaust tip is roughly 3 inches as soon as more things get added on like P&P and get it lowered with some eibach's I will get some really good pictures for you all.

What are your impressions of the AEM/RB setup in terms of performance? Noticeable difference compared with the stock airbox/exhaust?

JoshP5 said:
What are your impressions of the AEM/RB setup in terms of performance? Noticeable difference compared with the stock airbox/exhaust?

oh god yes! stronger pulls in 1st and 2nd gear, now granted i have a shiftronic and i drive it like a manual and the pulls are nice!

It actually mounts to nothing, it doesnt move at all the only rattling i get which is very minor is the muffler knocking against the bumper. only when i take sharp turns =p

Matthew1785 said:
It actually mounts to nothing, it doesnt move at all the only rattling i get which is very minor is the muffler knocking against the bumper. only when i take sharp turns =p

So it's only clamped to the throttle body? Nothing near the cone?

Looks good.

I'm thinking very seriously about treating myself to a RB exhaust after the first of the year. How hard was the install?

I also have a shifttronic transmission- is there the typical droning that I seem to notice with most cars that have an automatic and different exhaust?

Fab a bracket or something for the filter end. That is a lot of weight/moment - if you hit a big bump - it might pull off or pull the MAF off. Engine stops. I know. :(

Matthew1785 said:

or...you can take a small rubber exhaust hanger/gromet ans stick it in the whole of the existing rubber hanager, expanding the whole hanger itself and you get this...near perfect fit!

Attachments

• Copy of P5270070.JPG
    Copy of P5270070.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 84
  • P4250061.JPG
    P4250061.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 715
Last edited:
thrasher said:
So it's only clamped to the throttle body? Nothing near the cone?

nope. and it hasn't moved I check it every week technichally if you look close enough the filter kinda hits the coolent cantainer so it kinda does rest near it but it hasn't even given my any problems

Tom03es said:
Looks good.

I'm thinking very seriously about treating myself to a RB exhaust after the first of the year. How hard was the install?

I also have a shifttronic transmission- is there the typical droning that I seem to notice with most cars that have an automatic and different exhaust?

No droning at all. It actually makes me wana drive shifttronic more. its so much fun, vs my stock exhaust system and its sounds like well all I can ay is it sounds orgasmic that's as best as I can discribe it

Back